iPhone 4 on VZW is coming

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Starting on Feb 3rd, you can pre-order if you are an existing VZW customer. February 10th for all you other suckers!

Verizon iPhone 4

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Do you think these things are that great? Better than Droid X?

hnd

both have pluses and minuses. they are both fantastic phones. its like vex/marcum

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Starting on Feb 3rd, you can pre-order if you are an existing VZW customer. February 10th for all you other suckers!

Verizon iPhone 4

Day late and milions of dollars short.

Android has it all covered. Buy one Apple, and you just sold your technological soul. There are just too many other good options out there, all in the short few years apple screwed up and bit on a contract with AT&T

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Do you think these things are that great? Better than Droid X?

Not a chance. especially with the new HTC Thunderbolt due to come out very soon.

a 4G phone, much like the evo, for Verizon.

mojogunter

It not being a 4G phone is a big downer. I had an incredible and I had nothing but issues with it and brought it back. If they come out with a 4G version I would give it a look.

fishingishot
    Walker, MN

Thats right the Iphone will only be 3G. They would not say when the 4G would be release. VZ may not the new Iphone 5 this summer when Apple releases their new version. VZ Iphone will have something that the ATT Iphone will never have and taht is a moble wifi that will suport up to 5 moble devices.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Why wouldn’t they release the first iPhone as 4G ready. Oh yeah, because the early adopters will then want the 4G iPhone when it comes out.

I have such a love-hate relationship with Verizon.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

4G is a bunch of crap. It’s all just slightly better 3G right now. Not one US carrier even offers true 4G so I don’t know how they are getting away with claiming 4G. Alright rant done.

I would never trade in my android device for a iPhone. only thing it has on my phone is battery. But I can live with that… most days.

rogerr
    Maplewood, MN

Hi guys,
    Your right, the VZ IPhone 4 looks like a dud. Check out the hottest phone at the 2011 CES (earlier this week) – the Motorola Atrix (dual core processor, 1 Gig RAM, dual cameras, 4G, Super High Res screen, and dock able). Let the games begin! Unfortunately, it’s an AT&T phone

Roger

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

4G is a bunch of crap. It’s all just slightly better 3G right now. Not one US carrier even offers true 4G so I don’t know how they are getting away with claiming 4G. Alright rant done.

I wouldn’t call it crap. I’ve run Speedtest.net on my wife’s Evo 4G and have gotten download speeds around 6 mb/s. Way more than “slightly better than 3G” in my opinion.

hnd

i would recommend holding off on getting one until the summer. thats when the iphone 5 comes out. don’t get one now and wish you’d waited.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

what if you just want an iphone and don’t care if it is not 4g? In my area there is one area within 50 miles that offers 4g so you can’t get it anyways with any reliability unless you work in that area. I have wanted an iphone for a while. When they launch, I am going to the Apple store, getting a refurbished iphone, and then getting it activated. I don’t care if my phone has duel cameras! I just want to have some of the access to the internet and be able to make calls and text. Enough said.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I just want to have some of the access to the internet and be able to make calls and text. Enough said.

No need for an iPhone for that, but if that’s what you want, go ahead. It’s a fine phone.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Quote:

Quote:

I just want to have some of the access to the internet and be able to make calls and text. Enough said.

No need for an iPhone for that, but if that’s what you want, go ahead. It’s a fine phone.

very true. The catch is I would like to be able to do that stuff on the go. IE-when I am at work! I work as a printer and when I get a long run going it is a very boring thing. Also, I would love to use the GPS as a tool when I am fishing. I have heard that the Navionics App is a fairly good one.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

very true. The catch is I would like to be able to do that stuff on the go.

The point was you can do that with pretty much any smart phone.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

This is sort of interesting, but in the interest of disclosure, this poll was set up by Android Guys and I got the link from the daily email I get telling me about Android news.

Poll

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

How to tell if you are a droid or apple person:

Quiz

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Quote:

Quote:

very true. The catch is I would like to be able to do that stuff on the go.

The point was you can do that with pretty much any smart phone.

OOHHHHHHHHH….well that went right over my head. I am a mac guy so the iphone is a no brainer for me. Also, I like the fact that there are no widgets on the iphone. Nothing is constantly running unless you have it open. Unlimited data plans are a must with any smart phone but I just like the fact that my phone is not going to be constantly doing things while I am away. Stupid, but it’s the way I think.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.