Buying an engagement ring…help!

• hofmeistercd

Great information guys, thanks a lot! Any idea how much a place like Shane Co will negotiate their prices?

the_hat
    SE Metro

Check out Hartquist Jewelers in downtown St. Paul. His name is Paul, honest guy and he will make you anything you want.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

For the Metro area Continental Diamonds hands down…..

Make sure you give them a look before purchasing elsewhere!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I would suggest buying the best looking “FAKE” diamond you can find. If the marriage doesn’t make it, you are $$ ahead. If the marriage lasts for years she will never know the difference and you can invest the $$ for a nice vacation on your 25th anniversary:) Wish I would have done this on my first lap around the track:)

During my negotiations…….. both laps….. I found at least 35% room to wiggle. Congratulations!

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Why do married men die before single men….because they want to.

buck-slayer

Never make the same mistake twice.

finman

When the FW and I were dating, we talked all the time about getting married. So one day we were out shopping, and I mentioned to her that we should go into a ring shop. Long story short, she found one she loved, wedding band as well, and I circled back a few weeks later to get it, the rest is history.

Like it was said earlier here- she’s the one who’s going to wear it forever, it may as well be one she loves…

I went to Jared- good price, so-so warranty/service plan

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

My family and I buy from a wholesaler out of NYC. Dennis Dalton jewelers. Eliminates the middle man. We have been working with him for over 25 years now.

PM sent.

george55057

First of Congratulations. Just got engaged 2 months ago and I went to Wedding day in Burnsville. Had a good experience. They have life time warrenty without needing to be seen every 6 months which is nice.

Second I just gave a Solatire and then she can pick out the band the goes well with it that has its own side diamonds. Second of all the ring would be 100% returnable towards the purchase of what ever ring she wants to buy if she did not like it. That way you get the suprise and she can choose her own ring out if she wants.
    Good luck
    Geoffrey

ChrisShaneCo

Hi!

My name is Chris, and I actually work for Shane Co. and I’m brand new to this forum. I came across your post and thought I might be able to help a little bit. We can definitely set you up with a ring that your future fiancée will love.

You asked… “Should I expect to pay the price on the tag, or should I be able to get it for significantly less?” The short answer is yes. We don’t have sales because we don’t want to mark our prices up just to take them down a few days a year. We have every day low prices so the price you pay on some random day in June is the same as in the days leading up the Valentine’s Day. We are a direct diamond importer, and thus cut out the middle-man.

That being said, we’re definitely willing to work with any budget to find the ring that’s right for you (and your future fiancée.) In case you didn’t already know, we have two stores in the Twin Cities. One in Minnetonka, and the other in Woodbury. Here is a link to our MN store pages http://bit.ly/e9wKER .

If you have any questions regarding diamonds, our lifetime warranty, or anything else whatsoever please feel free to reach out to me: [email protected].

Lastly, thanks to everyone above who shared how great your experience was with us! We really appreciate the love.

Best,

Chris
    Shane Co.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Chris!

Welcome to Ido and thanks for stopping by to help out one of our members!

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Holy cow. If she ain’t happy with cheap and sparkly – keep shoppin. The return policy on wives is usually very poor.

ChrisShaneCo

Thank you very much for the welcome! I’m happy to help anytime I can.

Chris

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Chris,

ShaneCo might want to consider accepting “fish bucks” in your payment plans.

Welcome to In-Depth!

ChrisShaneCo

Sorry for the delay! I’ll pass this along to Tom!

budd1980
    IGH MN

Fine, I’ll say it. Dont do it bud….

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.