2003 yamaha 115?????

• kevinh1570
    New Richmond, Wi

Just wondering what everyone’s thought’s are about changing the oil on this motor? My buddy who is a marine mechanic tells me that i should do it every year. My co-worker with the manual (which i don’t have) says once after 50 hours and once after 100 hours i believe. Thanks for the help…

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The manual says every 6 months or every 100 hours. Which ever comes first.

You can view the owners manual on-line at the yamaha website.

-J.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I’m only guessing that this is your first time changing the engine oil, so it’s very helpful to buy a large capacity funnel and a 24″+ piece of hose that can attach to the funnel. It will resemble something you may have seen/used in your college age years.

Use the funnel to catch the oil as it drains from the engine. If you let it flow out naturally not using the funnel it will hit the cavitation plate and flow everywhere except the drain pan. Use the hose to guide the oil to your drain pan.

The whole process will take about 15-20 minutes from start to finish.

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

and if it’s your first time, have extra rags and floor dry ready…. Just sayin’

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

I would change it every year reguardless if it needs it or not. it is cheap insurance and when you do it in the fall it will always be ready for the spring. It is fairly easy to change.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I change mine every year and so far it has been flawless…I also use Seafoam regularly…

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Get a hose long enough to empty directly into a drain pan.

I took BIRDDOG’S advice as seen in this previous post.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.