Sufix Siege line….

• Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

Anyone using this stuff/have an opinion on it? There’s a rebate running now > Sept. 15th that if you buy two spools, you get a $6 rebate. Thanks in Advance, Gregory

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I use sufix elite and love it. It is very strong for its size, when I started looking at it people steered me away from seige for one reason or anther, I cannot remember. Basically they said it is crap.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

I use it on my planer board rods. It works great for me.

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

I agree I love the sufix elite. Haven’t bought siege only because I heard it’s some pretty stretchy stuff.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Siege is designed for casting style reels and works best with a lot of line tension like pulling cranks or boards. Siege on a spinning reel is junk!

Elite is for spinning reels.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have been using the siege #6 & #8 tangerine on my spinning reels for pitching jigs and live bait rigging for 2 two years now without any issues. I have also bought some elite in #4 and #10 to try trout fishing and fishing plastics for bass. I have used some of the #6 & #8 elite clear fishing eyes and really like it. I have also used the Cortland hi vis yellow in #6 but I like the suffix better.

Dave

hisser
    Chatfield, Mn

I have been using Siege for the last two years and I think it is great, most of my use is bait casters but I have it on a couple spinning rods and have had no problems. In my book it is a great line especially for the price.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sufix Seige is 15x more abrasive resistant than the Elite. But I agree, Seige on a spinning reel doesn’t work too well for casting, but I think it works well for jigging, slabbing and lindy rigging, maybe some bottom bouncing too. But I do prefer the Elite. I use 6# exclusively for crappie fishing because I think it casts like 4# and has the strength of 8#, I really like it a lot. I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the memory of the line, and I think that could be true at times, but I’ve found it to be no worse than other brands. The hi vis green is a real fish catcher for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.