Vinyl Boat Flooring

• DTW

Does anyone know of a vinyl installer in the Easter suburbs or western Wisconsin? My 2006 carpet needs to go! Thanks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have a 2015 Ranger with full non-skid vinyl and there’s a good chance I’ll never go back to carpet now. The hard floors are so much more durable and way easier to clean. They do not over heat in the sun and they are not slippery when wet. The color I have is gray. Stains and dog hair have no chance of survival on these floors.

Meterman

My current boat has gray vinyl flooring and a wash down pump/hose. Absolutely love it. Fish bleeds all over the floor or you spill something, you can hose it down to remove it. My previous boat was an Alumacraft with carpet flooring, a real pain in the butt to get worm dirt, fish guts, etc. cleaned off the carpet. I also feel flies are less of an issue with the vinyl. When the flies are real bad, I spray the inside of the boat with TEMPO to eliminate the flies. We fish May through October on LOTW and I do not believe the floor ever got too hot to be barefoot.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

My solution to slippery when wet. Runner carpet and floor mats from Lowes. Both come out easily for cleaning.

Attachments:
    1. boat3.jpg

2. boat5.jpg

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Does anyone know of a vinyl installer in the Easter suburbs or western Wisconsin? My 2006 carpet needs to go! Thanks

Any boat dealer should be able to do it. I had mine done recently including new plywood for about $600.

Chris Aker

I am in the process of replacing the vinyl floor in my boat with new vinyl. It doesn’t need to be replaced, but some of the caulking around the edges is getting weak, so I decided to just replace the flooring. I’ve had it for 15 years and prefer the vinyl to carpet. Not slippery, much easier to clean, and I think it looks better for a longer time period. I don’t use it in freezing temperatures, so I can’t speak to the cold weather issue.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnfishhunt wrote:</div>
    8 year old post whats new now??????

Almost 9 now!

Guess someone knows how to use the search function.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Fished out of a redone 17 Lund with Lund vinyl . That is the way to go. My next boat will have it.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

great thread
    still have the 2010 alumacraft and no complaints on anything
    only time floor is slick is when an uninvited flying carp lands in the boat

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.