Best Xmas gift

• Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

So…My best friend and tourney partner Chad, and our familys get together tonight for xmas dinner because he and his family are leaving for his inlaws in New Mexico on Monday. We have a nice dinner and my wife suggest that the kids open their gifts to each other. The kids open up their toys…..and Chad walks into my living room with this big cardboard box and says “merry Christmas buddy”.

I have no idea what could be in it, but he says “it’s fragile so be carefull opening it”. What?

Turns out that he called Artistic Anglers and had a replica done of the fish that got us 2nd place in the MTT Championship this year. I was SHOCKED when I opened the box up to see a 31″+ long walleye staring back at me.

It is the most thoughful gift I’ve ever recieved. When I saw that fish in that box, it brought me back to the boat, at 2:45pm on day two of the championship, when it was netted and was then flopping on floor while Chad and I were screaming our heads off, jumping up and down, high fiveing, dam near crying because we thought that fish had won us the championship. We didn’t win, but it’s the most memorable fish that I can remember.

It’s a gift that I will NEVER forget, I will have the story of the fish, the story of the gift, and the story of the best friend a guy will ever have.

Thanks Chad,

Adam

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thats cool, any pics?

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Soon, new puter at home and don’t have the email set up.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Cc,

Your tournament partner sounds like a great guy. What a fantastic gift!

Like JJ, I’d like to see some pics as well. Post them up when you get a chance. And Merry Christmas to you and yours.

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Way cool hats off to your partner

big_g
    Isle, MN

WOW !!! What a friend 31″ … Congrats on that baby Sure beats the heck out of a yearly membership in the Jelly of the Month Club

big G

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Snapped some pics this morning, the mount turned awesome, Artistic Anglers did an incredible job.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sweet!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

WOW !!! What a friend 31″ … Congrats on that baby Sure beats the heck out of a yearly membership in the Jelly of the Month Club

big G

X 2 awesome mount congrats

big_g
    Isle, MN

and that only got you 2nd….??? Was it Big Fish at least ??? Looks great Nice bar….

duckilr
    Mississippi River

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Awesome fish and awesome friend!! Congrats

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

That is awesome. Does Chad need anymore friends?

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Big G, we had a 28 1/4″ and 4 over 18″ that same day to go with the 31″, and STILL got 2nd.

And no, that wasn’t big fish, there were 2 brought in bigger than that one. It was a crazy tourney.

ChadCarlson
    Sartell,MN.

It was a great year and glad we could share it together. I am glad you liked it. It sure looks nice on your wall. Thanks for the memories!!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.