Gutters

• koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

We need gutters on our home.

Looking for seamless gutters with some sort of leaf gaurd.

If anyone does this or knows someone who does, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Kraig

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Check out Asher’s out of Eau Claire. Got them on my house and wouldn’t go any other way

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Don’t mean to highjack, but does anyone have some of the aftermarket guards? and how do they work.
    I need to get some for my house (way to many tree’s)

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

would deff reccomend Leaf Guard

Would deff NOT reccomend Gutter Helmet

PM if you want specifics.

I am in no way affiliated with either.

For those who want a do it your-self approach do not use Home Depo’s plastic roll of screen by Frost King–remember you get what you pay for. Many times we will install a powder coated metal mesh that comes in 4′ sections from United Products, great product that uses 2-3 zip screws on top of the gutter lip to secure it.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

PM sent

Roofer
    Minnesota

Quote:

would deff reccomend Leaf Guard
    Would deff NOT reccomend Gutter Helmet

Tell me more…….I have seen both fail miserably here in MN with our weather. Plus they are outrageous in price.

It is best to clean out your gutters or hire it done. No matter what you have to cover them, they will clog eventually, plus can cause other problems.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Hey Roofer,

I would be interested to hear what sort of problems Leaf Gaurd cause. I am considering them and yes the prices are astronomical in comparison to standard gutters. I’d appreciate any real feedback before making such a purchase. PM if you prefer.

Pete

Roofer
    Minnesota

They are a problem because they are metal. They go up under the shingles (if that is done correctly), so when ice and water are up there in the winter, it hits the cold metal, freezes, and can creep up under the shingles. They cause major ice dams. The other problem is that they have a gap/hole/slice for the water to drip in, right….There are things smaller than a usual leaf that is in the animation they play….pine needles, dirt, etc. Now, how do you get this one piece metal off and clean out your gutter when it clogs?

The advertising for it is pure BS. You can’t say that you’ll NEVER have to clean your gutters. Just a stupid thing to say, IMO.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Thanks for the post Roofer.

Things you wouldnt hear from a Leaf Guard or Gutter Helmet rep.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.