Suburban/YukonXL Tire Suggestions?????

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

The old Firestones need replacing (good riddance) on my 2001 Yukon XL – any suggestions on brand/models for a good quality, quiet replacement tire? Doesn’t have to be overly aggressive as plowed ice roads are about the only offroading I need to worry about & hauling a boat is the only load issue.

Thanks

Pete

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Really like my Goodyear Wrangler with kevlar silent armor. I would suggest the pro grade however based on vehicle weight.

alumanator
    New Hope, MN

I have BF Goodrich AT T/A on my F250, I love them…

complex12
    Madison Wi

What didn’t you like about the Firestones?

I just put a set of Firestone Destination A/T’s on my Blazer. I’m loving ’em big time. Phishirman put a set of Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revos on his Titan earlier this year, and he’s got no complaints there. In fact, the Revos didn’t lose any traction on loose gravel while he was pulling my Blazer up a slope I got stuck on this spring… stuck the frame on a big rock.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I would second the Wrangler Silent Armor’s. Just put a new set on my Envoy yesterday. They are as quiet as the Michelin Cross Terrains if not more. I’ve noticed that the bumps around town are not as noticeable. In addition, the tread is rather aggressive and should handle the offroading I do when hunting the Northern WI logging roads and fields of SD. I was able to put a set on from Goodyear for $780.00 (included mount/balance/lifetime rotation/roadside hazzard).

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Take a look at the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos. They’re a little pricier than some of the others but I’ve been really happy with mine so far. check em out web page

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

cooper discoverers are a great tire.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

These are Wilderness LE’s. Haven’t been too bad, just a lot of cupping and noise. 50K on them so can’t complain too much.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I have had good luck with my Bridgestone Duelers.

wallster
    Austin, MN

I’ve had two sets of Bridgestone Dueler revos Been great tires for me.
    Wallster ><((((>

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

May want to look at replacing shocks too.Have the new tires rebalanced after they wear down a bit has worked well for me.The balance will change after half the tread has worn off.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

cooper discoverers are a great tire.

X2 I love mine

Bassn Dan

Quote:

These are Wilderness LE’s. Haven’t been too bad, just a lot of cupping and noise. 50K on them so can’t complain too much.

I’ll second the recommendation of Firestone Destination AT’s. They’re a BIG improvement over the Wilderness series and are always ranked at or near the top of survey on Tire Rack

A lot of good tires to choose from – just a matter of picking the best tire for you at the best price.

Good luck.

Dan

690reece
    Hutchinson,Minnesota

I second the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA’s! I have had these on my last 2 crew cab pickups and one suburban and I have had Great success.
    690reece

Roofer
    Minnesota

In my experience (gone through a bunch of tires with trucks)………
    Bridgestone- great traction at the beginning, but don’t last very long at all

Firestone- wear like iron, but not much for traction, even new, but I haven’t tried many of them

Goodyear- good tire, but spendy and soft..don’t last

BFG’s- last very well, true to size, great traction, but they do grab some rocks on the gravel roads. (still my favorite tire)

Had ProComp all terrains also, and they didn’t last a year and were very small in size

Coopers are supposed to be fairly good also, along with the Yokahoma (sp) geolanders.

The other advantage of the BFG is the triple sidewall, and they still ride smooth. Only had one BFG that was out of round.

It’s a nice addition to get nitrogen in the tires instead of air. Makes a much smoother ride and it doesn’t fluctuate with temps.

chefejs
    Shakopee, MN

B F Goodrich Long Trail TA Tour….very quiet tire and they wear very evenly. I have a Yukon and a Tahoe.

bigdog mn

Destination A/T’s on a Tahoe and I like them so far, only have about 8k yet. Silent Armour was my next choice.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.