Fluorocarbon vs. Braid

• dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

im just curious what u guys prefer for flipping and pitching cause one of my uncles prefers braid and the other likes Fluorocarbon.. so im just curious

gregh
    s.e. minn

Well look who your uncles are!!!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I prefer braid, BUT have used flouro with success as well. Same bait same rod and real. Formsome reason the flouro got more bites than the braid.

FDR

dylan-gravenhof
    Worthington, MN

Quote:

Well look who your uncles are!!!!

unfortunately theres nuttin i can do about it!!

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

My experience is braid is cool because you can cast a mile with it. Great for long distance. It also does not have memory so you can really feel a direct connection to the end of the line. Braided is slippery stuff. Harder to tie knots in my opinion. Just takes some getting used to. It also seems to make more noise on my guides.

Fluorocarbon is supposed to be invisible. Expensive. Less memory than mono too. Honestly I’ve only used braided and mono for spinning rod. I do use fluorocarbon tippet when fly fishing and what I can tell you there is it is good for wet fly but generally not good for dry fly because it does not have enough memory. More expensive than mono but probably worth it, at least when nymph fishing.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

ive never tried floro, i havent found a need to change from my gamma mono or fireline crystal yet… but then again, im a cheapskate!

scud, use a palomar knot, its one of the strongest superline knots out there..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.