What do you feed your dog?

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

What kind of dog food is the best choice now days? I have a puppy coming in a couple of weeks and I am thinking about the Native brand food. Has anyone used that or what is best?

My last dog I used Diamond brand dog foods but I am looking to try something else?

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

there are a lot of good foods out there. find one with quality ingredients, and see how your dog reacts to it.

i feed NutriSource 30/20 Performance blend year round to my 3 year old BLM.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Enchiladas.

waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

we use the nutro lamb n rice for our german shorthair and she has a very smooth coat and shiny….

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Raw. Sometimes I think that dog is eating better then I am.

wolfman-k

I’ve fed Native to my 3-year old Lab for about 8 months now, he loves it. It seems to work out fine for him, I like the different protein mixes for activity levels.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

I go with Iams April-September and then Eukanuba high protien thru the hunting seasons and winter.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Canidae for my 3yo Choc.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We’ve been happy with Pro Plan Large Breed. Thinking of trying out Eagle Pack, though.

What kind of pup are you getting?

JulieL
    Scandia, MN

I switched to Nutra Source and have had really good luck with it.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

My wife feeds our dogs and it’s all the b.a.r.f. diet (bones and raw food) I like it when I go hunting just buy some chicken wings or legs and let him chow down. the best part is when he poops it turns to powter in a week. We have 4 dogs (1 is mine) and have not picked up poop for 5 years.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

our 8 yr old Lab has been on Precise his whole life and he’s in great shape

dave53
    Altoona, WI

Talk to your breeder and feed what they were feeding. If you change to something else, you may want to gradually transition to your new brand, mixing some of the breeder’s brand with your brand starting out with mostly the bredder’s and changing the ratio over time until it is all yours.

We fed Pro Plan for years and the Pet Food store told us it was being replaced with something else that had more “good” stuff for the dog so we tried it and it made the dog sick and she was dropping hair in clumps. It turns out Pro Plan was not being replaced so I picked some up and we were back to normal, just $40.00 poorer.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

We fed Pro Plan for years and the Pet Food store told us it was being replaced with something else that had more “good” stuff for the dog so we tried it and it made the dog sick and she was dropping hair in clumps. It turns out Pro Plan was not being replaced so I picked some up and we were back to normal, just $40.00 poorer.

Are you referring to the new “Pro Plan Shredded Blends”? I have heard some not so good reports about that stuff, too.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

In the past 55 years…3 Springers,6 Labs,2 Vislas and a Fox Terrier named Timmy. All ate Purina products and all were extremely healthy.
    Don’t think they need the high $$$ stuff…

Rich4Walleyes

I have a 5 month old French Brittany and have been feeding Nutri Source from the time I got him. He has done very well and is growing great. You just need to check what is in the food and make a good choice.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

In the past 55 years…3 Springers,6 Labs,2 Vislas and a Fox Terrier named Timmy. All ate Purina products and all were extremely healthy.
    Don’t think they need the high $$$ stuff…

Same here Tom Purina products is all I have ever feed my dogs, Purina ONE® Lamb & Rice Formula is what my 12 year old German short hair is on now and she is in great shape.

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Ohhhh Geez Pop, what are you feeding that dog? Hormel Chili…..He likes it.

Classic

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Diamond Naturals

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Sprout has worked well for our Blueticks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.