Hand injury recovery?

• KirtH
    Lakeville

Anyone here ever cut a tendon on the back of their finger? I managed to cut one about 80% thru, long story, what kind recovery, 2 weeks in cast to start with.

No fishing

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

oh no good. here’s to a speedy recovery!

Jami

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

2 weeks in cast to start with.

and P4 is about to get good.

Take care and get that thing healed up.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Ouch!!!

How’d ya do that???

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jez Kirt!

Stop down to Everts…at least we can BS about bucket mouths.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Jez Kirt!

Stop down to Everts…at least we can BS about bucket mouths.

how about catfish

scottsteil
    Central MN

After the cast, you are going to get a Therapy Routine, make sure you do everything they tell you or it could curl up and then things get really bad. If you don’t do the therapy the tendon will contract on you and fix that way. Bad news!!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Kirt,
    real sorry to hear it.
    you must of gotten excited over your Birthday cake.
    Jack

bigdog mn

Done it twice. First time it was the middle finger on top of the first knuckle at the hand. Second time was just ahead of the knuckle at the base of my thumb. Had a brace of some sort for about 4-6 weeks both times. Stretching therapy for a couple months after that, squeeze play dough like stuff, pull rubber bands. They did some Ultrasound treatments the first time but they did not do much for me. Full motion back after 4 months or so I guess.

I fished the Rainy river about 10 days after cutting the thumb, just had to modify a glove to keep the hand warm. Tying line was a devil though.
    Good Luck.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

After the cast, you are going to get a Therapy Routine, make sure you do everything they tell you or it could curl up and then things get really bad.

Great advise!

I cut up a finger pretty bad. Takes a long time to heal up. The therapy will not be a cake walk either. Lots of nerv endings to deal with…

-J.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I severed a tendon in my thumb trying to open a beer bottle… yah I know. anyway,with the cast, brace and therapy I think total recovery time was almost 3 months. A real pain. Good luck!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Sounds like you’re better off just taking the digit off Been there, done that

KirtH
    Lakeville

ahh vicoden thanks guys

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I ripped my ring finger off on my right hand slamming a basketball. Just got my class ring when i was 16 and had to wear it. At a friends house and jumped up and boom!!! off she came, anyway to make a long story short it took a long time to heal and get use back. Good luck, Dan

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

A guy that worked for me a few years back cut one on the bottom of one of his fingers and he was out of work for about 6 weeks. Not sure when he was 100%.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I cut my flexor (sp??) tendon on my left first finger back in 98. I did the cast thing after they sewed things back up. If I remember right, total rehab was at least 6 to 8 months before I was back to 100%. The important thing to do will be the physical therapy!! If you don’t do this you will lose good use of this finger due to no flexibility. On a good note, I shot a pump shotgun, and could not operate a pump for a while, so I bought a new Beretta 390 and its the best gun I ever had.
    good luck and do your therapy!!!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Use duct tape to tape the rod to your cast.

offthewall
    Ham Lake ,MN

Tough luck brother… Just show me where all those fish are and I’ll be happy to fight em for ya Don’t worry though…you’ll be healed up and reeling em’ in by summer… here’s to a quick recovery(and vicoden)

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

ahh vicoden thanks guys

Is that you Brett Favre??? Didn’t know your screen name was moreyes…

KirtH
    Lakeville

that stuff makes you happy enough to want to go bass fishing

KirtH
    Lakeville

woo hoo, got back from the doc, only 2 weeks hopefully in solid splint then a movable splint. going to have to catch small fish for a change , took the skin off right down the bone, i thought that is what i saw when i first looked at it

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.