Great Show today!

• markmoran
    Rochester MN

Thanks James and Jason for a great show today! I learned some new things, and I think I have been to that part of the river before! Mississippi walleyes is always a great show! Good Job!

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Sweet, looking forward to watching. Hope the DVR caught all the good stuff. Studying up on my new electronics today, made the jump from Lowrance to H-Bird with side imaging. Nothing like a 200 page instruction manual to jump start your Sunday am. Nothing else to do down here in SouthEast WI today anyhow, about 3-4″ of white stuff on the ground. After I get done studying, I am going to get caught up on some fishing shows. Need to watch BASSMASTERS, the show is on Lake Amistad around spawning time, should be some monsters that get caught.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Actually, today’s show was a re-run. The show is on line if you want to see it now!

Dragging Jigs

-J.

bigpike

It was worth the rerun, like a good Sienfeld episode you learn/see something new every time!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We are in fact into the rerun portion of our season. How time flies.

NickJohnson

same show 2 weeks in a row

how about new shows every week 52 weeks a year like some other guy????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Sure. Please send $300k. Trust me, I’d love to expand our broadcast but given the current state of the economy and the fact that most fishing related sponsors are struggling like never before I think it best to hold pat until the economy picks back up.

As for the rest of our broadcast season, they’re all reruns going forward through the second week in may when we wrap up for the year until next october.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

James – Are you sure 300 would actually do it? That seems a bit light to me. Based on producing 40 more shows at $7,500/each, sounds like you would be doing charity work. Or do you have the miricle equipment that never fails or has to be replaced
    Enjoyed the re-run. Each time I watch it, I wonder if you donated a rod or two from setting one down while fighting the other????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James – Are you sure 300 would actually do it? That seems a bit light to me. Based on producing 40 more shows at $7,500/each, sounds like you would be doing charity work. Or do you have the miricle equipment that never fails or has to be replaced

I “bargained” the estimate. It would be VERY, very difficult to do on that budget but hopefully people get the idea. TV is EXPENSIVE as heck to do it with a focus on quality and our little fishing industry is in dire straights right now. Lay-offs everywhere. Smaller companies going bankrupt or being bought up by larger companies for a fraction of what they’re worth. Right now I’m just riding out the storm and know that many of the small productions out there will not be viable in years to come. Honestly IDO is doing surprisingly well but I’m not going to push my luck by expanding further. We already broadcast to all of N. America and I’m very pleased with the direction and quality of our productions compared to what’s out there… and knowing that this is only our third season in existence.

But I do like to hear that people want to see more episodes. That’s called DEMAND. Now if I could only get people to “demand” to the people that count… the sponsors.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Sponsors… That could be asking for a lot right now James Banks are still so much in panic mode and still canceling lines of credit. Its destroying companies left and right and preventing many quality companies from performing simple funtions. Sad to see so many recent companies have their line of credit canceled and replaced with a straight term loans…..then we ask them for advertising dollars & sponsorships and almost get laughed at.

Hopefully more people will understand that more than 93% of America is still working and spending money. That with the banks getting settled down and operating “normally” the economy will turn around. Glad to hear IDO is in great shape, and it honestly sounds like you have a great focus on the future I look forward to hanging out here for a long time!

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Clearly I didn’t catch it last weekend! must have been too busy like watching reruns of cartoons with the little one. I would still like to see all the reruns, glad there is a link to them! Keep them coming James, they are all good in my book!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks Mark. We’ll keep cranking them out as long as there’s interest from the anglers. We’re just wrapping up our ice shoots for next fall and once we get that behind us then we can move on to the open water shoots for 2010.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Great, informative shows. I think you can always learn from reruns. Look forward to seeing the new season in October. Can we assume the Rainy Crappie Run will be part of next year’s ice fishing program? I hope so. It will be great to watch the whole show of slabs. I really liked the show today, even though I watched it earlier this season. It gets me in the mood for a couple fishing trips I have planned for this summer with a good friend who is leaving SD and moving back to his hometown of Wabasha. Again, thanks for the quality shows you have given us this season.

Todd Geerdes

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Great, informative shows. I think you can always learn from reruns. Look forward to seeing the new season in October. Can we assume the Rainy Crappie Run will be part of next year’s ice fishing program? I hope so. It will be great to watch the whole show of slabs. I really liked the show today, even though I watched it earlier this season. It gets me in the mood for a couple fishing trips I have planned for this summer with a good friend who is leaving SD and moving back to his hometown of Wabasha. Again, thanks for the quality shows you have given us this season.

Todd Geerdes

I’m glad you like the shows Todd and you can count on at least TWO crappie shows as part of our ice broadcast for next season.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Unbelievable the whole show and not a single snag… I then watched 4 other fishing shows and they didn’t snag or a single time. Man, you guys are good….

Great technique today, not part of my current arsenal, will be sure to pick up a couple packs of those jigs to apply the concept on some local rivers.

Double!!!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

James and Crew,

Thanks for putting so much into each show. There is so much information in each show that I know that I could not remember everything if I could only watch the show once. Keep up the great work and yes, there is a demand for more.

Thanks,

FDR

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Unbelievable the whole show and not a single snag…

And we never miss a bite or lose a fish.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

And we never miss a bite or lose a fish.

Great show again guy’s, Keep up the great work James

91reddog

Quote:

Sweet, looking forward to watching. Hope the DVR caught all the good stuff. Studying up on my new electronics today, made the jump from Lowrance to H-Bird with side imaging. Nothing like a 200 page instruction manual to jump start your Sunday am. Nothing else to do down here in SouthEast WI today anyhow, about 3-4″ of white stuff on the ground. After I get done studying, I am going to get caught up on some fishing shows. Need to watch BASSMASTERS, the show is on Lake Amistad around spawning time, should be some monsters that get caught.

Nic, Congrats on your new Humminbird! Youre gonna like it.

If you need any advice, feel free to PM me. There are lots of other great sites, with information also. Only thing I will tell you now, is that there may be 200 pages, but only 70 of them are English. You dont need the rest of them, hehehe. To be truthful, I never even read my book, I just went fishing. The factory settings are very good, just turn it on. What did you get? I have a 997

James,

What is the background into doing a show? What kind of places do you look for in order to set up a shoot. How far do you travel to put a show together. Do you go with invites, or do you do all your own background into the setting and just go fishing.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Got the 997 on the console and 788c on the bow.

91reddog

Sweet! Just seen your new boat!

NickJohnson

Quote:

Quote:

Sure. Please send $300k. Trust me, I’d love to expand our broadcast but given the current state of the economy and the fact that most fishing related sponsors are struggling like never before I think it best to hold pat until the economy picks back up.

As for the rest of our broadcast season, they’re all reruns going forward through the second week in may when we wrap up for the year until next october.

if i send the 300 grand i get to be host deal??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Seems fair to me. I’ll run the camera and direct.

NickJohnson

Quote:

Quote:

no you better fish that way someone on the show catches something

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

no you better fish that way someone on the show catches something

If you insist. No need to twist my arm on that one.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.