Trolling Rod Question

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Hey guys got a strange question on a rod.A local guy has a couple rods that he is wanting to get rid of.They are marked Pro Tournament they call them PT-LCTR12 and are 12′ rods with guides like the shakespeare intrepids.Thet seem a little heavy in weight but the back bone is a great walleye trolling design.Soft tip but good backbone all the way down.Not baseball bats.They have foam rod holder type grips.They are supposedly made by a guy in the aberdeen South Dakota area.Any body seen or heard of rods from that area from a custom shop or have any Idea on value.They are alot like the new cabelas trolling rod but do not have the rotating guide attachment on them.Any help would be appreciated.

jdw
    Otsego, MN

Yup, as a former Aberdonian, I know exactly what you’re talking about. They’re made by Pro Tackle. A nice trolling rod, but I never bought any b/c I thought there were better choices for the money. Approx $100-$125, if I remember correctly.

They have a bit of a cult following among Lake Oahe guides/part-time pros.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

So if I can grab them new for $70-80 not a bad deal?I think they usually wanted 125 from what I was told but hadnt ever seen one till now.It is one of those deals of a guy picking them up for a friend then didn’t have the cash for em now.They are new in a rod sleeve.Still had the cardboard cover over the ends stapled on them till I took it off to try them out.

jdw
    Otsego, MN

Considering they are brand new, I’d definitely go for it at that price! That’s a good deal!

nailbender

I have two of these and they are the best trolling rods I have used. They are listed on their site for $109.00. You will not be disappointed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.