Anybody see the meteor?

• dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Just got off the mower and flipped on Garage Logic, Soucheray is talking about some big meteor that came down in SW Minnesota. Apparently it left some debris on 94 out by Rogers. Witnesses said it fell from the sky.

Orson Wells may very likely be rolling over in his grave as we speak.

shayla

Would that have happened lastnight around 9-10 pm, because I saw what I thought was a comet shooting across the sky in Zimmerman from south to north!??? Pretty cool if it was!

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

No, I missed this one, but I work at night. I drive a truck to Madison Wi. and back every night. In my 8 years of driving this route I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff, including a meteor that hit the ground. A normal meteor is a pin of light streaking down. The one I saw was more like 1/4″ wide and when it hit the ground there was an explosion of light. Very cool!

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

My wife and I saw one as we were leaving LaCrescent going north but that was a couple weeks ago. It was huge or at least biggest one I’ve ever seen. First one I’ve ever seen around here. Saw lots of them in New Mexico. AH South of Roswell.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

They were just talking about it on Channel 4 WCCO, I will see if I can find it on there web site tomorrow and post it here.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

Just got off the mower and flipped on Garage Logic, Soucheray is talking about some big meteor that came down in SW Minnesota. Apparently it left some debris on 94 out by Rogers. Witnesses said it fell from the sky.

According to the Star Tribune, the debris on 94 was mistakenly attributed to the meteor…..as the State Patrol Officer reported with a laugh “unless aliens are attacking us with pallets”…..apparently a pallet fell off a truck, and somehow the newswire linked the debris on the highway to the meteor.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1463316.html

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Wow, that is crazy…it happened at 2pm on a sunny day near Hudson. And the size of it…really?

reever_1
    Rochester Minnesota

saw it at around 2pm in rochester in was unreal

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I personally didn’t see it, but there are reports of the sightings all the way down here, and the things might be space junk cause one witness said it split in two over the area, one piece heading to the north side and the other going to the south.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.