I fell in love today!!!

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well today I fell in love as soon as my hand wrapped around the handle. I am talking about a rod and not just any rod this is a very well balanced rod with a comfortable feeling with great action. It has a level of sensitivity that is hard to find in just any rod. My new addition to my family of rods is a custom built rod from Limit Creek. It is 6’9″ medium light power and fast action (LCS69MLF). You can check these rods out and others at http://www.limitcreek.com
    Thanks Turk..

nater3
    Webster City, IA

What do they cost? I like the model that you bought after going to their website, but I am nowhere near any of those distrubuters and would like to know what they cost.
    Nate

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think they retail for $90.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

James is correct they run $90.00. I believe Dean at Everts has some of these rods as well.. You wil love the feel of this rod once it is in your hands…

nater3
    Webster City, IA

James,
    Be honest, do these belong in the stable with my Avids? What if you had Strawberry Dou*** for desert? :}
    Nate

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

To cut to the point… I don’t have a single medium light in my boat for pitching jigs, or to fish jigs at all for that matter.

These rods are a good rod for the $60 – $90 price range. They are not built like an avid, warrantied like an avid… or priced like one. It isn’t fair to expect a $90 rod to perform like a $160 rod. None of the other rods on the market at that price point do either, but that’s just my opinion.

In my opinion the 6′ 9″ Limit Creek is a good finesse rod that would work best coupled with braided line when fishing jigs. I prefer more backbone in my jig pitching rods, particularly when throwing larger plastics or heavier heads. If you’re sticking to jig weights under 3/16 ounce and smaller bodies the 6′ 9″ Limit Creek would get the job done with braid. If you wanted to throw mono with a Limit Creek my personal preference would lean towards their medium action spinning rod.

In my opinion that 6′ 9″ Limit Creek’s strong suit is as a lindy rig rod and I’d look to other models for a jig pitching rod. It has a very light & sensitive tip that will aid with bite detection and the rod is nice and light.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

What if you had Strawberry Dou*** for desert? :}
    Nate

I’m off “anything strawberry” for a yet to be determined amount of time… lol

And thanks for that.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

That is exactly what made me go with the Limit Creek the lightness was incredible from what I have been using. When I am out on the water holding a rod for 6 to 12 hours in one sitting and my dominate arm being permanantly partial disabled the weight and balance means the world to me. I cannot afford to be laid up from work or play again.. James makes some very valuable points in heavier heads and bigger plastics etc. I fell in love with the St.Croix tournament as well but after already buying 10 rods this year plus reels it is a bit out of my budget right now to buy them kinda set ups.I have a good inventory of rods right now ranging from Shimano to Berkley Lightening rods to Fenwicks and now Limit Creek. I will give Limit Creek one heck of a work out this summer and if there is no hassles and I am satisfied with its actions I will pursue more of them.
    Your taste in rods will differ from the next person there is no doubt. My cousin swears by ugly sticks my brother swears by St.Croix and for years I have been a Shimano man and still have a large inventory of shimanos. Limit Creek was there for the feel and I personally liked how it felt and the price was in my budget to sneak pass the radars here in my house..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.