ARM request

• mudlnthru
    Burnsville

Yeah, me again. We’re looking for used fishing rods. Anything you have, if it’s still in decent working order, is appreciated. We need rod/reel combos only, something that you’ve been keeping as an extra but may not be using.

Let me know if you can get them to us. Mailing them would be a plus, since ARM doesn’t have a lot of money.

Last year, Cast Aways for Kids donated rods and reels for the kids, but the program was not run this year. That means that we’re pretty much on our own, but I’d bet that everyone has at least one. We’ll give you a tax deductible receipt for them if you like.

Send rods (please clean them up a bit?) to
    Team Mates, Inc.
    1800 E. Cliff Rd. Suite 11
    Burnsville, MN 55337

Thanks all!

Mike Little
    Anglers as Role Models, Inc.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Mudlnthru,,,,

How has the rod and reel collection been? I have commitments for about 8 so far and I haven’t even been down to Starks Sport Shop yet…

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

We have a few, although it’s been slow. I’d guess that you’ll be the winning rod collector unless some of the gang starts looking in their basements.

Mike

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Ok c’mon guys!!! I see no commitments on rod and reel hand me downs here…

What if we make a couple of local collection points…lets say every 60 miles there is a drop off point…I’ll volunteer to pick up the rod and reel combo’s…

C’mon…what do you say !!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m down for 3 officially. We will need more. Like every last one of us doesn’t have a few “slightly used” rods in the basement or out in the garage that are just collecting dust. Time to step up guys!! Ecnook will even come pick them up for pete’s sake.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Put me down for one. If you give me an address, I’ll send it down to you guys. I wish I could make the event, but I’ve got a fishing contest that day. Would be nice to get to know some faces.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Send rods (please clean them up a bit?) to
    Team Mates, Inc.
    1800 E. Cliff Rd. Suite 11
    Burnsville, MN 55337

Thanks all!

Mike Little
    Anglers as Role Models, Inc.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Would it make any sense to have one of you capable people make up a flyer that a person could print of and put up at the local bait shop. I could cover vados, capras, thorn brothers, Wonder if woods and waters would donate some of there rods they get in. Just a idea.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I have a rod/reel combo zebco 33 clasic so far and a few more more coming I hope.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yes it would. I’m making one for ecnook for Starks and I can do one for you too. I should be able to get to that by the weekend. I’m flying through stuff now and should be caught up enough to get that done. I’ll holler at you when a finished product is available.

Thanks!

Quote:

Would it make any sense to have one of you capable people make up a flyer that a person could print of and put up at the local bait shop. I could cover vados, capras, thorn brothers, Wonder if woods and waters would donate some of there rods they get in. Just a idea.

dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

I have 2 for sure and am expecting a co-worker to bring me a couple more.
    Greg: I live in SSP also. Send me a PM and I can make arraingements to get what you have.
    Dino

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I’ve got 2 to donate. Hopefully can find more. Problem is I have rods without reels.

newt
    Pillager, MN

The wife won a Zebco 33 a couple years ago and I put it on an unused rod I had. I don’t think it’s ever been used. I’ll ship it over.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

I’ve got the same problem Hooks does. I have one combo, and then an orphan spinning reel (I think), and an orphan spincasting rod. I am gonna try to dig up some matches for them through….

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Awesome Response !!! This is great !! Thanks for steppin up to the plate here guys !!!

We need 80 rod and reel combos…This would be a great thing to have all the littles with a rod and reel to take home…

Keep’m coming….I have 3 combos to donate !!

Thanks Again !!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m sure I’ve got something I can share. I’ll do an inventory tonight and let you know what I have. I can be the West Metro drop off point. I’d be willing to meet someone/pickup the rods in the evenings.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Geez, I’m in the same boat…several graphite spincast and casting rods but no reels…Maybe someone at Gander Mt would have a connection at Zebco or Garcia to get us a few reels for the kids. I think Spincast reels are the easiest to learn how to use for event like the BB/BS. Seems like we need reels more than rods.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I have some reels that I would like to combine with someones spare poles. I have to small casting reels that my kid’s have outgrown. I also have a couple of spinning reels that I no longer use, but all still work well. I live in Somerset, and I work in W St Paul. I’d be willing to meet up with someone and take the poles. I could mail them down to the burnsville locations.
    THanks,
    Steve

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Steve-
    We could put one of your casting reels on a casting rod that I have and make a combo out of it. I live in So. St. Paul, probly on your way home from work. Let’s figure out a night for you to drop one of those casting reels off.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Steve-
    We could put one of your casting reels on a casting rod that I have and make a combo out of it. I live in So. St. Paul, probly on your way home from work. Let’s figure out a night for you to drop one of those casting reels off.

I will try to remember to grab one and put it in my truck. PM me with your address, or you could meet me somewhere since I normally drive through SSP to get past all of the 494 bridge traffic.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Say guys, if you’re missing spincast reels, let’s consider the total sacrifice required to go to the local retailer and pick one up. My kids have owned and continue to use a $5.00 spincast reel made by Shakespeare since 1998. For $20 you can de-orphan 4 rods. If all of us who have extra are willing to just put in that “little extra”, we’ll easily meet our challenge.

I’ve got some I’ll be bringing down to the event too but not sure what the number is. I also have some orphan spinning reels but again, unsure how many. If you’re interested in pairing up, shoot me a message. If I don’t hear from anyone, I’m going to “Wally World” and picking a couple of rods up. The sacrifice isn’t a difficult one.

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

Now this is more like it. Things are finally starting to heat up.

By the way, I got a call from Cabela’s yesterday. Chuck Borchert had left a message with Mark Biggs in the Donations department at their home office. They’ll be sending some stuff along, too. I asked for rods and reels, and know that we WON’T be getting all 80, but we’ll get some to complete the deal. Pretty cool, huh?

Where can I find Chuck Borchert?

Mike

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Kid,
    That was my thought exactly, I’m going to go out and buy 2-3 reels and set them up. Bobber and I were talking about this last week. I see them around all the time being cleared out for $7-$10.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I have two combos I will be bringing. Both are in good working order. One is a cherrywood with a johnson reel. Use to be my favorite once upon a time. Now it is time to become some other youngsters fish terminator. Fish feared that baby.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Quote:

Say guys, if you’re missing spincast reels, let’s consider the total sacrifice required to go to the local retailer and pick one up. My kids have owned and continue to use a $5.00 spincast reel made by Shakespeare since 1998. For $20 you can de-orphan 4 rods. If all of us who have extra are willing to just put in that “little extra”, we’ll easily meet our challenge.

I’ve got some I’ll be bringing down to the event too but not sure what the number is. I also have some orphan spinning reels but again, unsure how many. If you’re interested in pairing up, shoot me a message. If I don’t hear from anyone, I’m going to “Wally World” and picking a couple of rods up. The sacrifice isn’t a difficult one.

Maybe we were just trying to help each other get rid of the orphans that we had, since the request was for combos only….

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Anyone Keeping count?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Maybe we were just trying to help each other get rid of the orphans that we had, since the request was for combos only….

Hey Greg716, I’m not trying to knock anyone’s efforts here and I applaud any effort made toward a common goal. But if the only match for my orphans is even an hour away, the cost difference between gas and buying new is very insignificant and I wanted to lay out a logical suggestion for those that may feel their “orphans” will stay “orphaned” because of circumstance.

And just because I’m a real stickler about good causes, I wanted to point out that a few dollars spent in the name of our cause is worthwhile. I spend at least $20/mo. on things I don’t need……….pop, snacks, eating out, another set of cranks……..what-have-you……….it’s just money redirected for a better purpose than my own gratification. Again, it’s a “me” issue and I’m not trying to pick on anyone…………..but I will challenge everyone to do what they can.

I don’t think many of us here have money up the whazoo………….I know if I did, I’da found it by now …….but because I don’t, I have to get creative. Just sharing an idea. No excuses.

See ya down there!!!

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Not at all, Kid, I wasn’t feeling picked on. I think all of us are trying to share ideas and ways to help. I don’t have tons of money (if I did, I’d have spent it all by now anyway!), but I wasn’t trying to be cheap, either. Like I said, just trying to help.

newt
    Pillager, MN

I put together another combo last night from spares I found in the garage. I’ll ship ’em up today.

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

I’ll go through the list and see what we have so far. Will give a count this afternoon. Heck,if we get enough, I’ll contact Ron Schara and tell him we have some excess for Cast A Ways. Maybe jumpstart his program for next year.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.