Formula Propeller?

• Glenn
    Eden Prairie, MN

Anyone have any experience with prop repairs from them?

Good, bad or ?

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

If this is the place off 81 in Crystal, I’ve had a few props fixed by them and a MinnKota trolling motor. They seemed to do good work. The price for the prop repair didn’t seem too bad either.

Josh

gordonk
    mpls

For me, it would depend on the kind of prop. If it’s a standard grade prop, they’d do a fine job. If it’s a high end stainless, I’ve had some issues in the past. I’ve been going over to Hudson and taking my prop to Propulsion Associates. They have a state of the art facility. They do computer balancing that nobody else does. I’ve always been very happy with what I got back, and they get them back to you fairly fast as well. You can pm me for the website or phone number if you like.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I spun a hub late summer of 2005 on my Vmax 225 with the Yamaha Pro Series stainless prop and had Formula replace the hub. I spun the hub again summer of 2006 about exactly a year later. They claimed the Yamaha hubs were notorious for that but I put a good # of hours on it summer of 02, 03 and 04 and never had an issue. They also never mentioned that the first time I had it in. We will see if I spin it again this summer….I am going somewhere else.

Supposedly their prop sales are final but last summer I went to Canada and bought a spare to take that they said would work. I spun the hub on the way back into the resort second to last day of the trip and the spare they sent me wouldn’t fit. They did take it back though…with some grumbling but they did take it back so that was good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.