Great Day For Minnesota Football!

• VikeFan

It has been a long year for football fans from Minnesota, but there are several great things happening today in both the NFL and NCAA!

First, the Vikings are eliminating Green Bay from the playoffs before Favre ever sets foot on Soldier Field. A Vikings loss knocks the Packers out of the hunt, and the Vikings had that elimination sewn up in the third quarter today.

Depending on what happens with other teams today, the Vikings may have secured the seventh overall pick in the draft. Clearly they had their mind on eliminating Green Bay and building a better offense through the draft when they took the field today. It is not possible for a football team to give up a thirty-point in the second half, after all.

On that note, ESPN is reporting that the University of Minnesota has fired Glen Mason. Just as the Vikings are thinking long-term today, so the Gophers did a lot to take the program to the next level with their performance yesterday. Obviously, the Gophers and Vikings are using horrible play and embarassing performance as a strategy to build up their football programs–it couldn’t be that the Wilfs and the U simply have no clue how to field winning teams.

OK, maybe not everything looked good for the Vikings today, but I’ve been hyping the bad for the last four months, and now its time to think of the big picture! With football back in Minnesota done for the year, I can go ice-fishing. Oh, wait…

teamshady1

I was not able to watch the Gopher game the other night. From what i saw on the highlights, and from what people have said who watched the game, sounds like it was the right move to move mason on to a different program and get someone else in new. Its horrible to be up that many points going into the second half, and not be able to win the game. Reminds me of the michigan game last year.

As for the Vikings, they were just bad this year. They have alot of regrouping to do. I believe its the Jackson show now in Minnesota. Its hard to believe that a few years ago, we had the best offence in the game, and worst defence. Now its totaly a swap. They need to find some keep offencive players, and move on to a better season in 2007.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Quote:

and the Vikings had that elimination sewn up in the third quarter today.

Have to throw in a slight correction.
    They had the elimination, all sealed up by their 3rd offensive play…
    Chilly has to GO….

Jack..

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Quote:

and the Vikings had that elimination sewn up in the third quarter today.

They had the elimination, all sealed up by their 3rd offensive play…
    Chilly has to GO….

Jack..

They had the elimination, all sealed up by the time they stepped off the bus this morning.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Mason is long over due!!!

Could not agree more.

Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.