Never trust ’em….Level III Offender

• hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Once again nothing to do with fishing, (I’m on this site all day it seems like, one of these days I’m going to make it out and have something else to talk about) but I just have to give some props to the MPD for catching this guy, AGAIN.

To give some background this guy lives across the street from me, his name is Kerry Dean Stevenson, and if you have kids watch out for him. (His name isnt mentioned in the article but the police were steaked out in my yard all day yesterday looking for him) Hopefully now he will be off the streets again for a long time. He was just released from a 3 year sentence in prison this winter. Violated his release terms within 3 days and was sent back for three months. He was subsequently ordered to live in a half way house after his release again for a short period of time and as of last week our justice sysetm pronounced him cured. As of Monday last week he was allowed to return to his home less than 100 yards away from a minneapolis public school. This is what happened next….

Level III

Yeah right these guys can be rehabilitated. By the way he has been arrested numerous for the same offenses!!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Being a parent of a 4yr old girl and 2yr old boy, I couldn’t sleep at night knowing a creep like that was my neighbor.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

to the passerby on the bike for diffusing the situation and helping the girls.

Maybe now this trash can get locked up for a LONG period of time. But I doubt it.

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

I bought the place a few years ago while he was still in prison. He was classified as level III, yet he was never listed as an offender when I bought the place. Only found out about him when a neighbor informed me after I bought the place. Checked both the state and national registries before I bought and the neighborhood came back clean.

To this day he still is not listed on either the state or national level III sex offender registry!!!!!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I unfortunately have to deal with these type of individuals everyday in my line of work. These people need help way far beyond what the justice system can ever do to as you say “cure” them. Most of these people need serious mental help. There are also some that no matter what will continue to offend. It is a scarry world…..and guess what these people live among us all the time.

If you live in Wisconsin here is a website that will also help in knowing who lives around you.

Sex Offender Search

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It’s a good thing the legislature was busy with the stadium debates. God knows we don’t need tougher laws for jerks like this.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

How do you research this in MN?

theduck

Here is one search site for Iowa. Just click on the search button and agree to the terms and you can look at people who reside in your county.

Iowa sex offender registry

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

Alvin,

yes that is the guy. And now for the update…

web page

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Get a rope……….

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Get a rope……….

I WOULD THINK A BOLT CUTTER (WITH NO PAIN KILLER) WOULD DO A FINE JOB ALSO.

kooty
    Keymaster

I wonder when it’s gonna hit home enough for our legislatures to something about these animals.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Quote:

I wonder when it’s gonna hit home enough for our legislatures to something about these animals.

I could not agree more. I am obviously not aware of what problems these creeps have, but clearly the system does not understand the level of problems these people have. What is possibly going to stop these people from doing it again? The consequences need to be far more severe for their actions.
    Being a parent….this hits too close to home and I could not ever imagine being a parent to a victim of something like this.
    I have zero time for losers like this in our society.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Quote:

I have zero time for losers like this in our society.

And again it spawns the age old question…………….What do we do with them?

If they really cannot be fully rehabilatated……………what is the correct course of action?
    Death?
    Dismemberment?
    Permanent incarceration?
    Labotomy?

Tough question, and i’m sure there are just as many opinions!

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Quote:

If they really cannot be fully rehabilatated……………what is the correct course of action?
    Death?
    Dismemberment?
    Permanent incarceration?
    Labotomy?

I’ll take “D” All Of The Above

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Casteration? Mandatory hormone therapy? Lock em all in a room together and let em go to town with each other?

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Casteration? Mandatory hormone therapy? Lock em all in a room together and let em go to town with each other?

Sort of like an “Escape From New York” for pedophiles? Probably not too bad of an idea.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Find a secluded island in the middle of the ocean and drop them off on it. Preferably one with and active volcano on it.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Put them in general population of one of the harder prisions around with it well known what they did. Even those in jail are not very fond of child abusers. The problem would take care of itself

Those type of people deserve what they get.

kooty
    Keymaster

I agree FB, but my main issue is, they don’t get what they deserve!! At least not in my opinion. When will this state wake up and realize there are criminals that do as much or more damage by raping a kid than killing someone. Taking a child’s innocense to me is worse than killing.

I have absoulutely no tolerance for these animals and believe death is the only course of action for them.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I have absoulutely no tolerance for these animals and believe death is the only course of action for them.

Have to agree with you on all accounts. If someone molested my kids, there would not be any law involved, that particular person might just not make it home some night.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.