Passports

• gundez-71
    South Minnesota

So are passports mandatory for going into Canada this year?? If so how much do they cost and where do I get them?

Gundy

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I heard that no passport is needed till after Dec 2006, just need 2 forms of ID to pass,like… drivers licence, birth certificate.

TGM
    Lakeville,MN.

Don`t quote me on this but when I went up last hunting season,we were told we would need them next hunting season.
    I believe you can get a passport from the county and some of the licence bureau offices.

jiggle-jiggle

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I asked this same question on another site. I don’t know how to post the link here so, go to Iowa Outdoors.org, go to forums. Go to General Banter forms, I think it’s on the 2nd page “Passports?” the 2nd post has the link that will help you.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I can’t answer when you need the passport, but I can answer where. I got mine from the DMV. It cost me around $240.00 due to expediting.

I also have an issue with entering Canada due to a past discretion, so I spent 4 months doing paperwork to finally get cleared to enter the god for saken country.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

The time needed depends on how you plan to get there.
    Passport info

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

pasports cost 85.00 and you can get forms at the county recorders office or some post office’s have the applications. Here’s the rub, they can take 8 to 12 weeks to get back. We got ours in about 6 weeks but there’s no guaruntee you’ll get them that fast.
    Ron

jld
    Holmen

I don’t believe you need the passport to get into Canada but rather to get back into the good ol’ USA. I believe you wiil need one starting in 2007. I think you can get a passport picture at Walgreens also.

Snagger
    Owatonna, MN

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. In order to facilitate the implementation of this requirement, the Administration is proposing to complete it in phases following a proposed timeline, which will be published in the Federal Register in the near future.

This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement.

smsmith
    Wisconsin

Yep, as stated previously, the passport is for re-entry to the U.S.- not for entry to Canada. They are required for re-entry by air starting December, 2006 and for any re-entry by December 2007

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.