Cheney’s shootin lawyers. A welcome trend?

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

An ‘Honest Lawyer’???? I believe that may well be the Grandmother of all Oxymorons!

I know one.

Yeah, but she don’t count…she’s not one of “those” lawyers. Besides that, you have to say that. You’re married to her.

I just wish I could find out how all these other lawyers are making so much damn money. Daddy needs a new boat and I sure don’t see that big time cash flow yet!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

What happens if this guy dies?

From the AP:

The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot lodged in his heart and he had a “a minor heart attack” Tuesday morning, hospital officials said.

The victim, Harry Whittington, was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment, said Peter Banko, the administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial in Texas.

Banko said there was an irregularity in the heartbeat caused by a pellet, and doctors performed a cardiac catheterization. Whittington expressed a desire to leave the hospital, but Banko said he would probably stay for another week to make sure more shot doesn’t move to other organs or to other part of his body.

“Some of the bird shot appears to have moved and lodged into part of his heart in what we would say is a minor heart attack,” Banko said in a news conference outside the hospital.

The doctors said Whittington did not experience symptoms of a heart attack or any other problems. They left the birdshot in place and said he could live a healthy life with it there.

David Blanchard, chief of emergency care, called it “a silent heart attack, an asymptomatic heart attack. He’s not had a heart attack in the traditional sense.”

White House physicians who attended to Whittington at the scene after Cheney accidentally shot him were involved in the treatment, the officials said.

Whittington had initially been placed in intensive care after the accident Saturday evening. He had been moved to a “step-down unit” Monday after doctors decided to leave several birdshot pellets lodged in his skin rather than try to remove them.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I truly hope for Cheney’s sake this ‘story’ doesn’t die!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

An ‘Honest Lawyer’???? I believe that may well be the Grandmother of all Oxymorons!

I know one.

Yeah, but she don’t count…she’s not one of “those” lawyers. Besides that, you have to say that. You’re married to her.

I just wish I could find out how all these other lawyers are making so much damn money. Daddy needs a new boat and I sure don’t see that big time cash flow yet!

In many ‘cases’, if the truth be known, it probably did not come from the defendant’s lawyer!

DasBoot3
    St Peter MN

It just proves the point that;
    No matter how long you have been hunting, or how good of shot you are, or how fine your gun is……..
    It takes more than a 28 gauge to reliably put down rich lawyers.

DonJ
    LeMars,IA

What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the lake?

A good start.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I can’t believe all the confusion I’ve heard in the media about the “horror” of leaving the shot in his body. I took a close range .410 hit in the leg as a teenager, been carrying 30-35 #8 shot in my thigh ever since. It is no big deal as long as it is not in the blood stream.
    It did, however, put some puzzled looks on medical professionals faces when they looked at X-rays before I had knee surgery. One piece of shot had worked its way under my knee cap, and many more in the vicinity. They where quite confused before questioning me. Funny how much better my knee felt without that shot in it.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Quote:

What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the lake?

A good start.

I thought structure

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.