Anyone have a 2005 F-150 here with ….

• hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

a transmission that seems to slip a little. I know, let the Ford jokes fly ….., anyways I’ve got one with about 1,200 miles on it and recently when I start out from a complete stop the transmission shudders enough to make a noticable shake in the whole truck for a second or two. Only happens when taking off from a complete stop, from a rolling stop its fine. Its has yet to tow anything and I havent put it to any hard use. I plan on taking it in but just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing?

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Back when the new style chevy trucks came out(1999-2001)..GM had a simalar shudder on 2wheel drives only! The cause was the leafsprings wrapped up so much changing the pinion angle it would bind the rear u-joint causing this (lauch shudder). I’m not saying to dont have a tranny problem..just an idea! Take her back shes under warrantee! Good luck!

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

Also if this happens when your slightly turning….it is the clutch pack for posi in the rear end….seen this on fords the last 2-3 years. Ok done with the diagnosing have a good one!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

OK here goes,

First I don’t have a Ford F150 but I did have an explorer. I know, I know, different vehicle, year, and all the other components of the vehicle but take your truck into the dealer. Within 1000 miles of purchasing my explorer (new) I had numerous problems including the same one you mentioned, clutch pack problems (i.e shuddering when turning corners), and others too numerous to mention.

Seriously, get it checked out until you are satisfied. You are under warranty.

Lets just say I no longer have the explorer. I am not trying to bash Fords at all but I learned a lot including not all lawyers are bad .

Good luck

Bob Bowman
    MN

Huck, I have a F-150 that had the exact problem that you are talking about. It was the clutch pack in the rear end. I took it to Brookdale Ford and it was repaired. It has not been a problem at all after the fix.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I had a real similar thing happen, it too was the clutch pack in the rear end, it seems they don’t like prolonged smokey burnouts much, even if it draw massive applause

I fixed mine myself, I just added some juice, (friction modifyer something like $6 at a ford dealer) to the rear end, no more problems, sometimes a simple oil change will do, I just added the juice and no more problems.

Then again you are under warranty, so I’d just bring it in and let them deal with it, I’d doubt it’s the tranny, but the dealer can tell you for sure, not to mention if you are having problems you want them recorded asap with a new truck.

clintm
    mazeppa mn

Ford used ther wrong oil in their rear ends the last couple of years their fix is to change the diff. oil.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I’ve got a 05 f150 3300 miles no problem like that yet. (knock on wood) Pulled a few loads with no problems. I’m sure now tommorrow that will all change. Thats how it always seems to go no problem until you talk it up.

Art

Not sure about the 150 but some of the 350s have been recalled because of transmisson problems. My neighbor had to have a new tranny put in after 3000 miles and the guy I work for just had his in on a recall. Seems theres a bad o ring in it. Definitly would have it checked. Good luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.