dead fish

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

I was out on Pool 10 today. While fishing the pad fields I noticed alot of dead fish that looked like northerns. It looks like the hot weather might have contributed to a fish kill. The sad thing is that most of them looked to be in that 30 to 38 inch range. Anybody else see any while fishing?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I have seen a few dead SMALL bass in the weed beds and quite a few dead sheepshead. Saw one northern that was belly up the other day… i fish on pool 8

bait_caster
    Spring Valley, Wis.

If possible you should report that kill to your local fish manager…

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know that a few years ago on the mississippi when it was hot that a few northers died in iowa here. The water was pretty warm then and the people who made the report said they found cooler water where prings fed into the mississippi and hammered the big northerns that weekend. You might want to report it though if they don’t already know.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

I talked to a warden who relayed the info to the fisheries department. The fisheries “dude” called me today for more specific info. He said that there has already been a case of fish kill on one of Iowa’s lakes from the hot weather. He also said they will check out some of the fish to make sure that they’re not dying from something other than the warm water temps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.