Trailer tire issue

• BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Here’s a strange deal – my Eagle Trailer with Carlisle tires was suddenly vibrating like crazy. I thought a bearing maybe out or the axle bent or misaligned but couldn’t find any problems. Then I looked at the tires. One was sucked in on the sidewalls and bubbled on the tread surface causing a lot of bouncing. A buddy of mine said Carlisle had some defective tires. Anyone know that to be true?

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Sounds like it sepeated.I had this happen on a couple of tires seval years ago and I brought them into a tire shop and they replaced them under warranty because the tread was like new.

jiggin

Take the tire on the wheel back to where you got the trailor. If they won’t help you contact Carlisle. If it doesn’t have a lot of miles on it, they should replace it. It’s cheaper than you having an accident and suing them. We used to weld and paint the wheels and mount the tires in Slinger Wi. (just north of Milwaukee) but Those wheels are now done in another state. The tire mounting moved to milwaukee, but I don’t know if they do any boat trailer tires anymore. When you take the wheel off the trailer, remember to keep your fingers away from the bad part of the tire. If it blows it could take off your fingers.
    Good luck; let us know if they help you.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I had carlisle tires on an eagle trailer and had nothing but trouble with the trailer. Blew out 2 tires in a month. Put on goodyear tires and had no problems at all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.