Spray on bedliner

• panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Does anyone have any info on spray on bedliners? I have been thinking about having it done to my truck bed. Pluses and minuses would be helpful. Thanks in advance Todd.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Its the best thing you can have to protect your truck bed, but its pricy. For a full size truck it will run you around 5 bills.

birddog
    Mn.

We have Ryno Linning in ours, lifetime warranty, nothing slides around, still looks new after 3 years and has been used for everything from sand to concrete block. Every truck from now on that we own will have a spray in liner, money well spent. The negatives…. NONE.

BIRDDOG

rcruss
    Fountain City, WI

I have the Rhino Liner also, can’t go wrong with this purchase, nothing slides around in the back.
    definitly will buy product again for the next TOY truck.

Jira

Overall, I think they are great. I’ve only seen two problems ever.

The first was with my dads truck, his truck is silver and he got his rhino color matched. Within 18 months the thing had turned from grey to a greenish color from the UV. He brought it back to rhino and they resprayed it at no charge with a second coat of black over the grey. I guess the lesson there is go with black.

Also, my brother in law is a carpet layer and always put his tools in the same spot everyday. His rhino lining is about 2 years old and where the rivets in the bed are near the rear, it’s worn through a small patch from sliding his toolbox in and out. I’m sure a quick touchup would take care of this, but it’s really no big deal.

My 2 cents,

JJ

wibucksniper
    Evansville , WI

I’ve got a line-x spray on. After 2 years not a single bad spot. It too carries a lifetime warrenty.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Line-X. You wont be sorry. I would look at doing over rail also.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

At work all of our route trucks have Rhyno liner. It eventually begins to crack and peel and eventually chunks of it fall out. This may be because the route trucks have aluminum boxes.

I have Line-X in my truck and the stuff is very tough. Only ever had one small hole poked in it when we dropped this big stainless steel pizza oven and a sharp corner hit first. They took care of it right away (life time warranty).

Rootski

moby1
    Maple Grove MN

I work for a construction chemical manuf that makes a polyurea liner. Some bedliners are polyurea and some polyurethane etc. Ours is made for chemical containment, metal protection, and concrete parking ramps…etc. I sprayed my wc12 3 years ago and it still looks like it did the day I sprayed it. I use it about 3 times a week during open water. I just sprayed my project lund 14′ 2 weekends ago and expect the same results. I would probably roll on a single component polyurethane with an aggretate broadcast and backrolled into it on the horizontal standing areas if I had to actually pay for the material and labor. In the coatings industry, prep, prep, prep,,,,, Your adhesion is only as good as the surface you are applying the coating to.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

anyone ever try Herculiner, the do it yourself stuff?

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

If you are use to stuff sliding , getting it in and out, than it may not be the best. I slide stuff all the time and it’s a real pain for what I do. In fact I just put the plastic liner back in over the sprayed on for that reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.