Prayers Please

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

Prayers are said. Hope all works out for you and your family.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

emover, your wife, you and family are also in our thoughts and prayers.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Dave;

Your wife and your family are in my prayers. Have faith in God and faith in today’s medicine.

Mild heart attacks in todays medicine are well managed with great success. Also, todays bi-pass surgery procedures are mastered with ending results extremely successful. My mother of 75 years went through a triple bi-pass with great results. They took great care of her and she is back on her feet, doing better than ever.

Have faith and don’t forget to pray!!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dave,

I wish your wife a speedy recovery! We will all be thinking of you the next few days.

superdave
    NE IA

Emover, I wish your wife a very quick recovery.

Dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

life’s more important issues are calling.

No truer words have been spoken…How’s she doing…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Prayers sent to you and your family Dave.

emover
    Malcom, IA

A special thanks to you all for your prayers and support. We were very lucky in that LuAnn only has mild damage, and with that her heart function is considered in the normal range. She was realeased from the hospital today to come home and mend, while she awaits her surgery. We have our first appointment with the surgeon Tuesday the 26th, and we’ll go from there. While waiting a couple of weeks isn’t our first choice, we know this will be better in the long run. Thanks again for your continuing support.

dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Dave…give her a while to regain strenght…by next winter she’ll be ready to auger your holes!

Glad to hear she’s doing well!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Sounds like thing are going in the right direction. Thoughts and prayers are with you big guy.

pyake

Prayers sent!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks again for all the support from fellow IDAers, it has meant alot to both LuAnn and I.
    Just a note to update, we met the surgeon for the first time yesterday, and he is very nice and we are told very good. LuAnn is a bit depressed as surgury was not scheduled until May 25th, so almost another month of not being able to do much. We are trying to remember there is a greater purpose to everything, and while this means over 6 weeks waitng for surgery, and at a minimum 6 more weeks before release to resume work after the operation, we will make it work. We have found out that she gets a 12 week leave of absence from her work, and she does have disability insurance that will kick in after 12 weeks. We were told yesterday of 3 more appointments before she gets admitted for the actual surgery, so we are trying to find family members that can help her get to those so I don’t have to miss too many days of work. My boss told me to just take them off, but I explained I didn’t want to use all my personal days, as they tell us she will need someone with her 24 x 7 for a while after she is released from the hospital. I know this is getting long, I appreciate the opportunity to share, as my immediate family is my sister in CA, and it does help.

dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Don’t worry about sharing. Thats what we are here for in situations like this. You both are in my prayers. Please feel free to keep us posted.
    Thanks, Bill

emover
    Malcom, IA

Well when I said

Quote:

We are trying to remember there is a greater purpose to everything

I guess I didn’t realize how true that would be.
    When I got home from work on Thursday, LuAnn was explaining how she hadn’t felt well most of the day, and the problems she had been experiencing trying to get the correct doctor to sign her permission papers for her work to allow her leave of absence. She said she felt a tightness in her chest, and after a call to her mom for a second opinion, taking a nitro pill to try and remedy the feeling, and a call to her cardiologist. We wound up making the trip to the Allen Hospital emergency room. After a battery of tests, more nitro, baby aspirin, an EKG, and some blood work the ER doctor felt certain they would send her home that night. But about 10PM he came back in to tell us the cardiologist on call was admitting her and would be monitoring her condition and possibly seeing if the surgeon would move up her scheduled bypass surgery.
    At about 7:30 Friday night we met with her surgeon and were told she would have her bypass surgery Saturday moring at 7:15. I cannot begin to tell you what a HUGE relief this news has been. We are confident that this will be the best possible scenario for her. My son is on his way home now, and I’m thinking seriously of getting some sleep before going to see her early in the morning before the surgery. With the Lord’s blessing and everyones support, we are anticipating a speedy recovery. Thanks.

dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Spiritually….we’ll all be next to you and your family Emover!

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Our prayers are with you also!
    THe good thing is is that bypass surgery is like taking out a sliver for the doctors nowadays!
    Good luck!
    Steve

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I am very glad to hear they are doing the surgery now instead of waiting. To me waiting a month is asking for trouble when she has this problem. Sounds to me like the Lord has his hands in this as she will be getting done what needs to be done before another heart attack can happen. Please feel free to keep us posted.
    Thanks, Bill

emover
    Malcom, IA

Bill, I believe you are absolutely correct, and thankfully so.

LuAnn came through her surgery very well. The triple bypass was approximately 5 hours, she was in the surgical ICU unit and beginning to wake up at about 1:35 Saturday afternoon. She was ahead of progress in there and had her breathing tube out before 6PM. She was transferred to a regular room on Sunday afternoon. She was up and walking a bit after 4PM and had her first solid foods by 5. When I talked to her this morning she was tired as they wanted an EKG, blood, and to take her out for a walk all at the same time. She is doing remarkably well, and will likely be home midweek sometime.

Thanks to all the IDA family, the Horton’s certainly appreciate your thoughtfullness and support.

dave

gary_wellman
    South Metro

That is great news Dave!!!!

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Glad to hear the good news .

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Cool! We’l keep praying for a quick recovery! Although it sounds like she dang near recovered!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Fantastic news. And its done so no long worry time between waiting and surgery either. And shes doing great. Thank you Lord.
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

But with the weather and all emover…I think you should wait until next week before you have her load the boat and take you fishing…

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well that is certainly great news to hear. hopefully things will continue to heal and she will gain more and more strength every day.

shane

emover
    Malcom, IA

Thanks to all for the support, LuAnn is getting thru this very well according to her surgeon and nurses, although as the pain meds are lessened she is pretty sore. She managed to do 4 – 250 foot laps around the 3rd floor yesterday, and she is getting some breathing strength back. (gotta clear fluid from lungs to prevent pneumonia). She has to do at least 4 laps each day, and get off oxygen, and have clear breathing before she can come home. Sometime this week, we are told. She was Very tired last night when I finally got off work and was able to see her, her nurse tried to talk her into a 5th lap, but LuAnn declined, then her surgeon told her the extra laps would carry over to the next day, but she still passed on the offer.

Brian, I think between augering ice holes and laoding the boat, and with this weather who knows which will come first, her calendar is pretty full. I know my son was throwing out some of the same B–ls–t in ICU and she proved she was still able to handle a single finger salute with either arm full of IV’s. We knew then she was gonna be fine.

I’ll let you know when she gets released, and thanks again for all the support throughout this ordeal.

dave

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

That’s great! That’s also more laps then I can do!

emover
    Malcom, IA

Well life is nothing if not exciting. LuAnn found out yesterday morning she would be released that day. Unfortunately, her phone in her room wouldn’t make long distance calls, she didn’t have a cell or calling card, and the nurses tried our home number, my daughter’s cell(she was at work so they got voicemail), and finally after 2PM my work number. Since my daughter was planning on packing a few clothes for her mom to come home in, I waited for her to get off work at 3, and we met at the house, to head to the hospital. We were there by 4, but with a nurse that moved faster than a speeding bullet…NOT, we managed to get to the pharmacy 15 minutes before it closed at 7, and were home by 8.
    Enough of this dribble, LuAnn is doing great, sore yes, tired yes, but has good color, good heart rate, good BP, good oxygen level, better appetite than in hospital, can negotiate stairs well, and had a good first night home. With continued diligence, we are confident of a speedy and thorough recovery. Thanks again for everyone’s support.

dave

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Great to hear! Never underestimate the power of prayer!
    Tuck

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.