Randy Moss traded

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

That is the sweetest deal I’ve heard all day!!!

You sir are on!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Gary I will take your bet with one condition we let the IDA viewers here decide who won the bet with a on line poll at the end of the 2005 season, they decide if he sucked or had a good year.
    What do ya say?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Steve I like the offer.

But my point that I’m making is that his stats are going in the toilet.

What sucks is that we got to wait for 9 more months for the results, because they sure the heck ain’t going to the playoffs next year…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Might be a tuff call maybe we should dicuss the details more over a day of fishing sometime this spring, on second thought lets just go fishing sometime and forget about football

jldii

O.K. Its a bet!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

And who ever wins the bet takes me along as well.

Quote:

O.K. Its a bet!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I don’t know Gary, you might want to think this over. With Moss gone, the Vikings do still have Wiggins and Tice is probably going to send him deep next year for the long ball. Tice did say he would be calling more plays.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Good riddens

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’m not as hard on Culpepper as Gary is, but honestly, to put him in the league’s #2 spot, I would need a three-way tie for #1.

Wiggins is simply cool. My suspicion is that he and Moe will keep me rooting for the vikes next year.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Gianni, were those all 49 catches this year or did I miss some?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Go Vikes, take the Twins with ya, and send the Wild to Texas………The Wolves can go to Canada…….

Hey Gary,

I was all for it right up to the point where you said to get rid of the Wild. I would rather watch hockey instead of them dumb football players. but then agian, I play hockey and never played football.

shane

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I hear ya Shane!!!

But with this money/strike business. Hockey is now no different than the NFL, MLB, & NBA.

I sure have enjoyed Gopher hockey this year!!!

Steve,
    Let me know when you want to go over the details of this upcoming bet/”Culpepper sucks” poll. We can work out the details on the river!

Hey Jack!
    Once you get your hands on them big toothy critters, you will find that walleyes are just bait!!!!! I look forward to it!!!!!!

mtdreamin
    Montana

Granted…the Raiders had a horrible year…however keep in mind that the team was basically desimated in EVERY skilled position by injuries on offense and deffense. Add on the fact that we had a new head coach and the record is not surprising. Moss will thrive in Oakland with Collins as his QB. I would be willing to bet that we don’t run the ball more then 5 times a game next year. We will have Porter on one side, Moss on the other with Curry in the slot…it is going to be a deffenses worst nightmare.

Now being an Oakland fan I have learned to hate Al Davis and the way he runs his team and I questioned this move as well but when you get right down to the numbers…it is a steal. Look for Moss to have a record year.

As for Daunte…yeah he is good…but lets face it…he is not the smartest fish in the pond. The only reason he has been as good is because of his receivers saving him. Yeah he can run…yadda yadda yadda…but without Moss drawing doubles and no considerable running game he is going to be in trouble. They could always QB sneak it all year. Besides I would be more concerned with that sorry excuse for a defense that the ViQueens put on the field. I am sure as usual the Viking will have a good year and make it to the playoffs only to have their butts handed to them in the first round. God I do love football!!!!

jldii

Gary,

I know what you’re saying, I like catching them too, but walleyes are what pay my bills, and what I spend all my time chasing.

Thats why I’m excited about the chance to take a day off and go muskie fishing with you!!!

agentesox
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

I’ve got a feeling we’ll see more of the safety blitz against the Queen next season. Culpepper won’t be able to read it and won’t know what to do when it hits him.

Toothy Critters????? Well now we’re talking! I’m new to the site and am just getting ready for my first year of Walleye fishing on the river and am excited to get out and learn. Never did much river Walleye fishing, grew up on Winnebago and did alot of Lindy rigging and slip bobbering on that pond. I do however know a few things about Muskies and have been chasing them exclusivly for sometime now. If anyone from this board wants to exchange a river walleye trip for a a day of chasing green bananas let me know. I mainly fish the metro lakes but can easliy be talked into fishing Mill Lacs or anyone of my favorite lakes in Beltrami/Cass Cty,Vermillion, Hayward area, Minoqua, Polk Cty, southern WI or Iowa….did I say Iowa????? Yes I did. Big Musky in Iowa

Anywhere I roam!

I have to say I really enjoy this board and have been learning a great deal about ol’ marble eye.

Thanks.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

I needed a couple days to digest the trading of Randy Moss. Since I’m a Viking “Rube”, I will miss Moss and some of the fantastic catches, especially against the Pack. The Vikings needed to have someone to “lead” the team. Daunte is the leader, not Moss. But, Moss would never, and will never listen to anyone. When the Raiders go into a 4 game slump, Moss will again show his true colors. If the Vikings spend some money on free agents and improve the defense, we could have a good team next year. Regarding “blitzes”, the Purple will have a good running game next year, blitzing will hurt the other team.

Welcome to the site Agentesox. That is a nasty looking avatar!

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

I got a feeling that Minny going to lose the Vikes like they lost the Lakers.
    L.A. Vikings?

Has more of a ring to it than Tennessee Oilers did.

raideriowa
    Waukee, Iowa

I sure hope the good Randy shows up in Oakland

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sandbar, you and all my other rube buddies are now not as mad. Everyone has rationalized the situation and calmed down, if you will. I on the other hand am still very upset. I went to the games for entertainment, long bombs, seeing things other receivers have no chance of doing. We don’t have that ability any longer nor will we with any of the free agents on the market.

I don’t idolize any professional athlete, they are simply objects of entertainment. Sadly MN has lost one piece of entertainment. I actually got a kick of Moss’s on and off the field antics. He is the poster child for professional athletes and what the silver spoon does to them. I will miss him greatly.

I hope I’m completely wrong and the vikes win a superbowl, all because of this trade. I’m not sure what to expect, but I do know this. The games at the dome since 98 have been tolerable(I hate the dome) just because of the entertainment aspect. I watched Moss’s first game as a pro, he caught TD right in front of me, just barely getting his feet down in bounds. The dome errupted!!!! Those times will sadly be missed by me!

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Kooty,
    I understand exactly what your saying. A receiver with talent like Moss only comes around once in a decade or two. It was unbelievable how fast he could change a game with his great catches. I think the Vikes problems are two fold. First, we are not spending the money to have a championship team. $20-$30 million under the cap is not acceptable for any team in the NFL. Just think what a decent defense could have done for us last year.
    Second, Moss was the perfect example of “me first” in a team environment. I thought when Tice (6′ 8″) took over the team, he would bring Mr. Moss in the back room and give him an attitude adjustment. Instead, Tice was soft as a sponge, and Moss continued to “flip” everyone off. It’s time for this team to have one leader on offense, Culpepper.

There are some very good wide receiver and defensive free agents on the market. The owner, who ever it’s going to be, needs to spend some money and make this team a contender.

I think the “Mossless” Vikes will have a new attitude next year. Our running game will keep defenses honest, and open up the passing game, just like in 1998 when Robert Smith was running up and down the field. Opening the passing game for Moss.

Sandbar

ggoody
    Mpls MN

So the Vikes just signed Fred Smoot one of the best cornerbacks in football with the money they are saving from trading Moss.
    So the Vikes now have 2 of the best young corners in the league, plus Napoleon Harris a young starting linebacker and they still have the 7th and 19th pick in the draft to go along with the best defensive tackle in the league in Kevin williams all while still being under the cap.
    I would say the future looks bright for the Vikes.

In a unrelated story the Pack lost both of their starting offensive guards to free agency….

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

It’s nice to see the Purple open the purse strings a little. Signing Smoot will put some very good talent in the secondary. They also resigned their top receiver from last year, Wiggins. The draft will be very interesting, plus additional free agent signings are a very good possibility.

But…….in typical Viking fashion, the good news is being over looked because of the ticket scalping story on Tice.

Sandbar

raideriowa
    Waukee, Iowa

You guys will like Harris he is a great LB …. I sure Randy decides he will play while with the Raiders haha ….

Viewing 23 posts - 61 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.