Randy Moss traded

• jld
    Holmen

Glad to see him go. As a Packer fan I couldn’t be happier. If I were a Queen’s fan I would be VERY upset. This guy is the best receiver in the NFL when his head is on straight. A national day of celebration in the land of beer and cheese. Thanks Red.

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Being a die hard Queens fan this is one of the best deals they have made. The Oakland LB however young has a great upside and the Vikings received the 7th overall pick…Hmmm that means Defense or Offense will benefit a ton… The front office knows a lot more than we do. With lots of quality WR’s on the market (Muhammed, Holt, Mason) etc we can easily get the production for half of the cost. Plus by dumping this high payroll the ability to grab another LB lets say from TN becomes very real.

Honestly Randy is a great talent, might be the most talented player the Vikings have every had but in all actuality we played better this year when Randy was hurt. Nothing against him but our play calling was much better.

Has anyone ever had a Hammie injury…they are one of the worst and will continue to plaque him for sometime. Lets face an 8 year old NFL vetern starts to let injury’s plaque him. Moss is no Jerry Rice – as Jerry’s off the field conditioning was and is far superior to that of Moss.

C’mon D-Fence

Ray Lewis wasn’t awesome at first either…

putzkid
    St. Paul, MN

Moss is an outstanding football player. With that said, I don’t think he lends much to the cohesion of the team. His antics are just a bit over the top, and I don’t mean his silly stunts like “mooning” the Packers fans. I mean his walking off the field and playing half heartedly. Not fair to the rest of the team, in my opinion.

Go Burleson!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

HEY Randy BYE BYE

Maybe we can find a receiver that will go over the middle or catch the ball in coverage and not just fall down when he’s about to get hit.

He is a great player but his work ethics stink.
    I need to find a job and only work when I want. Any offers?
    Ron

ggoody
    Mpls MN

This is terrible news for Packer fans now the Vikes can build a defense. The Vikes don’t need Moss they have Daunte Cullpepper for the next 6 years, the pack have a washed up Brett Farve.The Vikes didn’t need Moss when they went into Green Bay and pasted the pack in the Playoffs with the worst defense in football ….

The Vikes will be in the playoffs the next 6 years and more then likely will be in the Super Bowl soon.

I think it’s safe to say the pack won’t be winning any Super Bowls any time soon…..LOL

Randy Moss will never be the same because of the nagging injuries he has….

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Im with you belgianbuctail, bring on the Leinies!!!!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

He is bad for team unity

[Gianni Note] They hated each other, deep, deep down.

Quote:

I hate his on-field antics.

[Gianni note] Yeah, me too.

Quote:

As a Raiders fan since the early 70’s we gave way to much for a player who admits that he does’nt play hard every down.

[Gianni note] It ain’t like he’s laying down on the job like ol’ number 31!

Quote:

It’s a sad day for Raider fans

[Gianni] Yeah, for Raider fans who aren’t sick of being mocked as the worst team in the league.

Quote:

As a Raider fan you(Vikings) can have Moss.

[Gianni] Please, if you have any real pull with the Raiders organization, we’ll gladly take him back.

Quote:

Why do we Packer fans hate Moss so much? Cause he always burns us

[Gianni] Finally, something I can agree with!

Honestly, this is the crappiest deal the Vikes have made yet, and the only thing that can baffle me any more is all the bitching by the Raiders fans. Did you guys not get the memo?

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

all i have to say is sorry if i offend anyone but the stupid decisions this organization makes good thing is , now i can go get a moss jersey

mtdreamin
    Montana

Well…as much as I hate to admitt it…I am a member of the Raider Nation.

I personally don’t know what to think about the trade. I do know that we will basically be stealing him. Listening to my Raiders consipracy radio there was mention that this deal has actually been done for at least 3 weeks but Al Davis and Moss’s agent agreed not to say anything until Porter signed a long term deal. Porter has stated that the only way he would stay in Oakland is if he was the “go to guy” and if they would have let it be known that they were going after Moss…he would have split.

Giving up 2 draft picks and a Linebacker is a pretty good deal for us!!!! WE also will only have to pick up part of his contract. Go Red Go!!!! Hey while you are at it…I got another idea…why don’t you guys trade us Dante for Charles Woodson!!!! You need a good corner!!!

As far as Moss goes…he will fit right in with the rest of the Raider Nation!!! We are all a bunch or screw ups that like to fight the power!!! No…I don’t like the guys actions but he can flat out play…when he CHOOSES to of course but hey…he can still break a game open…just don’t ask him to do it by throwing a block or by catching the ball going a crossed the middle.

See…as you can tell I have no clue where I exactly stand on this trade. I guess I will have to hold judgement until March 2nd.

Now that I am done babbling…all I have to say is that the ViQueens suck and the Nation RULES!!!!!!!!

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

While not being a Viking’s fan, My opinion is this. The Vike’s got what they could for Moss, I personally don’t think they got enough, but since he is a pain in the in the locker room, they needed to get rid of him. Granted he is one of if not the best receiver in the game right now, the free agent market for receivers this year is a good one. If, and I mean IF they can go out, and get either Leverious Coles(sp) from Washington, or Plaxico Burris from Pittsburg, they should not loose to much on the offensive side of the ball. Now to the Defense side of the ball. All I have to say there Is Ty Law. Go Cowboy’s!!!! Bledsoe???????

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

If the Vikes use the early pick like they have the past two years with Kevin (BigCat) Williams and McKinnie, I am ok with this deal. Red needs to spend a little of that cap space he has, and with Harris (I think he could be a solid LB) the Vikes are getting stronger where they need it moss, I mean most!

Happy trails Moss

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

my opinion of the moss,

don’t let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you!! I sure hope that red gave randy some bus fair to be getting there.

shane

jldii

I honestly think the jury will be out on this deal for awhile. It pretty much depends on what the Vikings do with the picks, and how they play the free agent market.

They could go many different ways on this. They could use the 1st round pick for one of the good young recievers coming out of college this year, or they could use it for a young defensive player who might be able to contribute this season. They could replace Moss with a free agent wide reciever, or they could go out and get a free agent defender or two.

I know this much, the Vikings are saying they want to run the ball more. Well, without Randy on the field, the opposing defenses will be bringing their safties up into the box alot more, which doesn’t make running the ball any easier!

One thing I don’t think anyone else has pointed out yet is that the man buying the team, Reggie Fowler, when asked at a news conference last week, said that he wanted Randy on his team. Maybe its true, maybe its not. But…if it is true, he might have something to say about the outcome of this trade. He offered $625 million for a team with Randy Moss as a part of the offense. Will he still be willing to pay that for the team if Randy isn’t there?

If he forces the issue, I’d bet Red will cancel the trade just so he can have his money, and let Fowler deal with Randy.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

It’s a sad day in Purple Country. People don’t seem to understand Randy is paid to score touchdowns. Thats what he does best. 65,000 people in the dome didnt seem to care what his antics were everytime he got into the end-zone. The Vikings will never get a reciever like him again. People are not going to pay to see tackles and there is not anyone in the draft that can compare. “Butterfingers” Burelson and Mr. Robinson have some huge shoes to fill. Minnesota will once again feel the Texas Sting.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was wondering the same thing Jack. The news made it sound like Fowler wasn’t aware of this trade at all. I’m not saying he isn’t BSin’ us, but if I signed a purchase agreement for a team with that talent, then it was traded away mid-sale, I would back out right away. I gotta believe smarter guys than us drew up the agreement, but then again they are just lawyers!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m in agreement with Patrick Reusse when he writes in his column today:

Quote:

The idea of a sizable ransom for Moss was always a vision for hallucinators, and for these reasons: The guy is one of the five biggest pains in the NFL. He had started missing more practices and finally games with injuries. He was not devoted to offseason conditioning, in the manner that allowed Cris Carter or Jerry Rice to have their long-term productivity.

I also thing the cowboy will be the owner of this team through 2005!

-J.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I agree as well. Exactly why Red should have kept him. And I think your right Jon, I think Red is going to be here a long time, long enough to drive this team into the ground like Headrick did.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

don’t let the door hit you where the dog should have bit you!!

SO LONG FAREWELL AND ORIVWHA TO YOU!!! RIGHT BACK AT YA RANDY!!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

We are all fisherman here, so lets put a fishing twist on this.

Randy Moss+Vikings=Exciting Footbal Game=Less Fishing Time

Vikings-Randy Moss=Boring Footbal Game=More Fising Time

gary_wellman
    South Metro

This is a big mistake.

Moss doesn’t play because he does not have the proper leadership. It will put a huge damper on the team not having him. They need to dump Tice………He is not a good coach and leader, and he has poor play calling…….

I don’t think Moss is worth the millions that they gave him. However he is worth alot more than a linebacker and 2 draft picks.

IF they are going to trade anyone…….Trade Culpepper. The guy can’t “think” under pressure. Every pass play is a broken pass play…….. His stats will go in the toilet without Moss. Even if Moss didn’t catch all the balls to build Culpeppers stats, he was a threat on the feild that allowed other players to get the ball.

If Fowler didn’t know what was going on……He ain’t buying the team. I don’t think Fowler is going to get the team. I don’t think the league will let him have it. There is already controversey about him giving false info on his resume.

It looks like Red is here to stay. He won’t spend any money on the team and he wants way too much now, for what it is worth without Moss.

Better hope all our injured players are back next year……..Or I’m going to be doing alot of river fishing, hunting, and ice fishing!!!!!

Go Vikes, take the Twins with ya, and send the Wild to Texas………The Wolves can go to Canada…….

davewsc

I think Oakland is the ONLY team that would take him! Oakland has a history of taking players with questionable skills and very controversial player attitudes. I will have to say the viqueens should have done better.

Here’s to Moss!

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Gary, I hope your not one of those Dante Culpepper bashers , you know the ones that call up fan line after every loss and say Culpepper needs to go no matter what. He is not the problem and probably the 2nd best QB in the NFL.

I do agree with you about Moss though. If a coach would just have the balls to tell the little bast.rd to shut up and play hard, I don’t think he would be much of a problem and their is no denying we got ripped off. Napolean Harris is probably just another E.J. Henderson and will be getting ripped all year long.

And also RED MCCOMBS, YOU CAN KISS MY , DINK

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Pig-hunter…..

Never called one of those goofy post game shows in my life.

I’ve never liked culpepper. Never……Not from day one…..

You can have all the ratings in the world, but when you don’t put the points on the board to win games, it means nothing….The guy can’t “think” under pressure and he is too slow to throw the ball.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Yep, Culpepper, slow on the draw, slow on the trigger!

agentesox
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Culpepper has great numbers, it’s just the little things he “doesn’t” do that prevents him from being great. He needs to read the feild better and panic less. I don’t think he’s the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to reading a defense.

As for Moss, I would rather see him leave the NFL. He embodies everything I hate about todays professional athlete.

Go Pack Go!

jldii

Lets see now Daunte has been a starter for 6 years now. He has been to the pro bowl 3, or is it 4 times. He threw for more yards this year than any other QB in the league. He had a 110.9 QB rating for the season, which now gives him 3 of the 4 highest QB ratings in team history. He completed 69.2% of his passes this season, he threw 39 TD’s and only 11 INT’s. and he did all that while his O line gave up 46 sacks for 238 yards. As many times as he was getting smacked, you have to expect a couple fumbles, or mis-cues, after all, he is only human!!

I think we should count our blessings that we have him. By the time he retires, he will own every single team passing record there is, plus maybe a couple league records as well. It really is a shame that Peyton Manning had to over shadow Duante like he did this year, otherwise he would have been the talk of the entire league.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’ll throw down a $20 that Culpepper sucks this year more than any other year………because he won’t have Moss……..

Any takers???

The guy has been in the league as a starter for 6 years and he still can’t read a defense. He is big, and strong, but his receivers are giving him the numbers, not his arm.

And to top it off, if he is so good, why isn’t he putting the numbers on the board. He can’t finish the job when it comes to the red zone.

The guys sucks!

But other than that, I really don’t have any opinion on the matter….

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

And he hasn’t even tried to make a pass over the line of scrimmage yet in a playoff game.

Another note.. Randy’s agent was quoted as saying “Randy is just tired of losing” Well hopefully Randy’s agent will check the Raiders website and see their record last year before the deal is done and change his mind.

jldii

Gary,

I’ll sweeten the pot with you. I’ll wager a full day guided walleye fishing trip on Mille Lacs against you taking me for a day of muskie fishing on Mille Lacs.

If you’re willing, so am I.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.