Sonar Interference Problems

• BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Anyone have problems reading their bowmount LCD while running the bowmount trolling motor? I did but have a fix.

I’ve got an LCX 15 on the bow and a MinnKota 65PD w/ Universal sonar. The graph is wired to the boat electrical system and the trolling motor is wired separately to two batteries. When the sonar is at slow speeds (1-5) the graph turns grey and I can’t see detail. adjusting the sensitity and ping speed helps but not much.

I went to Radio Shack and bought 4 RF chokes and attached 3 of them to the power cable of the graph directly behind the plug connector. They cleared up the graph at all speeds! Radio Shack part number is 273-104, 2 per package. Here’s a link: Radio Shack Hope it helps.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I had the same problem and used the same exact fix but… it didn’t work. I had a Hummingbird and it turned out the hummingbird was bad. That was after I spent $150 on replacing the lower unit in my MK 74. I brought the locator in to get fixed and the repair place said it was shot. Expensive repair because now I spent $150 of money I could have spent on a new locator.

herb
    6ft under

I have to ask, why did you think there was a problem with the trolling motor?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.