Lowrance x85 Problem

• thanisch

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
    I have a lowrance x85 and have had problems with it either shutting off or the display going blank on me. I haven’t actually figured out which one it is doing. It almost looks like the display is going blank because, it doesn’t necessarily respond when I hit the power button although hitting it a couple of times produces a quick line through the middle of the graph like it is maybe turning the light on or off or something. When I finally get it to return it seems like the graph has not been restarted as I have a full screen of bottom readings. I haven’t been able to pin down the exact conditions when it happens. I think I have had the big motor running, and several times I know it happened as I got into about 4 foot of water. However it also occurred as I was running down the river in the middle of the channel as well.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I had one that was doing the exact same thing. Eventually it stopped powering up alltogether. I tried pretty much everything I could think of to fix it. Lowrance said they’d fix it for $100. I finally sold it to someone who thought they could fix it and bought a new unit.

Hope your situation turns out better than mine did!

John

thanisch

John, do you remember what they said might be happening?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.