Suggestions for a Sept fishing trip

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

There are a few people at church who are interested in doing a fishing trip around mid Sept for a weekend. Other than not wanting to drive too far (Lake of the Woods was meantioned as being too far), and to stay in MN, that is about all the direction I got. I was thinking of maybe something in the Brainerd/Alexandri/Spicer areas, or possibly near Duluth. Does anyone have any suggestions of a place for a weekend trip in Fall? Or might we be better off picking a place and then getting hotel rooms since it is going to be only a 2-night stay?

Thanks!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Leech

Shhhhhh

desperado

oops, sorry for spilling the “big secret”

desperado

I hereby modify my suggestion to …
    Pool 4; specifically, the scour hole right below the dam

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Devils Lake.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I hereby modify my suggestion to …
    Pool 4; specifically, the scour hole right below the dam

You’re like butter today! (you’re on a roll)

desperado

anticipating that inevitable PM sayin’ “SLOW yur roll”

joshkral

try the whitefish chain, Lots of lakes you can cruise to without trailering and lots of fish to chase.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If it wasn’t for the stay in Minnesota I’d say head to the Webster, SD area. We fished there last Sept. and had a blast. Caught more White bass than I care to count. A ton of 3-4 Lb. small mouth bass. A fair amount of Jumbo perch. Some monster as well as eater Walleyes and some decent pike. On some of the lakes in that area you never know what you will catch on the next hookset. looking forward to getting back out that area a few times summer and fall

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

We have kitchenettes (motel rooms with a kitchen), just a short walk to our beach and docks at Timber Trail Lodge on Farm Lake 7 miles outside of Ely. This area usually begins the fall colors period in mid September, and tends to peak around Sept 20-25. The fishing is great with many lakes and species to choose from. There are also waterfalls to visit and day trip options into the BWCA or other remote lakes outside of the Wilderness boundary as well.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Quote:

Quote:

Leech

Shhhhhh

I think he meant Leeches…on pool 4!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the new London spicer area is a good idea also. lotz of water to explore.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I think he mentioned he wanted to stay in Minnesota, South Dakota is routinely tough in September . – QB

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yeah what he said!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Mille Lacs, by Sept, you will have the lake to yourself.

desperado

why wait ’til Sept?
    by Mid-May; any night after 10PM, you could have that whole lake to yourself

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Woman Lake area. GREAT fishing and absolutely amazing cabin area. You’ll love it!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

I think he mentioned he wanted to stay in Minnesota, South Dakota is routinely tough in September . – QB

Yea there are no fish in SD, especially in September, they all migrate south.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.