I got one for the Darwin award.

• BBKK
    IA

This guy wasnt to bright… I bought a spare rapala folding ruler off ebay yesterday for 10.59 and free shipping (usps first class 2-10 days). Today it showed up. The guy sent it overnight express from Texas! Right on the label it said a shipping cost of $25.21.

I guess he really wanted to get rid of that ruler!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

This guy wasnt to bright… I bought a spare rapala folding ruler off ebay yesterday for 10.59 and free shipping (usps first class 2-10 days). Today it showed up. The guy sent it overnight express from Texas! Right on the label it said a shipping cost of $25.21.

I guess he really wanted to get rid of that ruler!

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I bet you will give him some good feedback…

kwp
    Eden Prairie

I got a better Ebay story…Bought 1991 3 hp Johnson from a guy in Florida and when the motor arrived the rings were stuck to the cyclinder walls. When I called and told him about it he told me “no returns” and to “put a few drops of oil in it”. He said he was a former diesal mechanic and all should be fine.

When I told him I was going to contact Ebay he told me had a brother-in-law in St Paul who was gong to open up a can of whoop-[censored] because he new where I lived; he also told me he would not accept it if I returned it…I just laughed and said I was going to return it per Ebay’s instructions after I filed a claim.

I packed it back up and sent it to Florida where he lived…Just like he said, he refused shipment and UPS sent it back to me.

Ebay then refunded me the cost of the motor + shipping both ways in my Paypal account.

I soaked the cyclinders with BP Blaster for a few days and low and behold it freed itself with perfect 125 psi compression on each cyclinder. He was even nice enough to run the gas out the last time he used it so the carb was even fine. I suspect it just froze the rings to the cylinder walls from lack of use.

That was 5 yrs ago and the motor still runs like a champ.

big_g
    Isle, MN

QUOTE = “I soaked the cyclinders with BP Blaster for a few days and low and behold it freed itself with perfect 125 psi compression on each cyclinder. I suspect it just froze the rings to the cylinder walls from lack of use. “

Isn’ that what the seller told you ? Who actually get’s the Darwin award here….???

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Unless I’m wrong no one gets the award. I think someone has to die to be in the running.

Sharon
    SE Metro

My husband was recently reading me a list of Darwin awards, and I made the comment that they all died. We’re thinking you do have to die to make the list. Maybe the ruler was bad luck and he needed to get rid of it ASAP?

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Unless I’m wrong no one gets the award. I think someone has to die to be in the running.

Financial death was where I was going with this post.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Quote:

Financial death was where I was going with this post.

All righty then. Didn’t catch that. It’s been a long winter allready I’m a little more slower than usual.

BBKK
    IA

I guess now that I re-read it, is a pretty far leap. Not sure anyone could have actually followed my line of thinking there. Probably made no sense at all.

deertracker

Was he a newbie to Ebay? The first two things I sold on there I lost money on because I screwed up the shipping costs.
    DT

BBKK
    IA

6,000 feedback.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

QUOTE = “I soaked the cyclinders with BP Blaster for a few days and low and behold it freed itself with perfect 125 psi compression on each cyclinder. I suspect it just froze the rings to the cylinder walls from lack of use. “

Isn’ that what the seller told you ? Who actually get’s the Darwin award here….???

Actually, the seller was very clear in his Ebay add before I bought it that it was free and not stuck; I even sent him a PM and he confirmed it. Would you buy stuck motor off Ebay not knowing it could be freed up?? I tried BP Blaster as a last resort not thinking the motor was toast.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.