PETA – Taking Care of Pets 1 at a Time

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The numbers are in, PETA, who famously engineered the highly successful “Fishing Hurts” campaign, killed 2,000 sheltered animals in 2013.

31,000 Since 1998

There has to be a psychiatric word for this practice. Delusional? Sociopaths? Projection?

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

These people are not known for using their brains. The link below is my all time favorite by these nut cases. It wasn’t PETA but rather ALF (not any better).

They steal a bunch of animals from a U of M lab and then release them into a field in the south metro in cold weather and a lot of the animals froze to death. They also found some of the animals half eaten as lab animals don’t have a lot of natural instincts. Pure genius!

ALF Incident

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I am confused!!! only PETA I know is the group people eating tasty animals!!!!!!!! whats this one about??????

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Didn’t they “free” some mink from a mink farm in Minnesota and most of them ended up suffer a anguishing death by starvation?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think maybe their hearts are in the right place and as long as the vast majority of logical, rational, normal people in this country know and treat them that way all if fine. Unfortunately in todays times the minority of any situation can often be the winner. But yes they are hypocritical nut cases. Cookoo. Cookoo. Cookoo.

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

A few months ago a local mink farm here by Grand Meadow was broken in to and had a lot of animals released. Some were recovered but a lot of them died by various means, hit by cars, caught in traps, shot, etc. The criminals that released them have not been caught or prosecuted.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Just heard on the radio today about PETA petitioning to get a roadside memorial put up for some chickens that passed in a tragic chicken traffic accident. Very thoughtful people in my book.

My dining room table should be full of memorials.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Seem to remember maybe 25 years ago one getting hit by a car while trying to rescue worms off the highway in a storm. You can’t teach that kind of thoughtfulness.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Seem to remember maybe 25 years ago one getting hit by a car while trying to rescue worms off the highway in a storm. You can’t teach that kind of thoughtfulness.

That is thoughtful. Thank you for sharing. Now I need to LMAO.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

Makes you wonder if the guy driving was awarded 50 or 100 points?

big_g
    Isle, MN

“somebody” let 2500 mink out of a farm in pearl lake, mn last year… LOTS were killed on the busy road that goes by about 200 yards from the sheds

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Somebody?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.