Cheap Mexico Flights?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was just looking at air fairs to Mexico this morning. Wow. Been a few years since I have went. Think the most we ever paid was about $250 round trip. Seems like everything I seen this morning was $400 to $600. Think its been 4 years since we went last.

What are you guys finding for winter flights? With the temps coming in Im not even picky about where.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

If $250 was the most you ever paid a few years ago, you were either getting fantastic bargains or it was more than a few years ago.

I’d consider $400 to anywhere in Mexico to be a good deal these days for a nonstop or 1 stop flight.

Don’t forget that many of the budget carriers don’t use the big travel sites like Travelocity and Expedia, so you have to check their sites individually. Generally, the best deals are on packages with flights included, but watch out for the departure times and the number of stops. Cheap options can include 3:00 AM departures and 2 stops before you arrive in Mexico.

Grouse

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Flights by themself are not cheap anymore. Your best bet is to book a package deal. There are some excellent deals out on cheapCaribbean.com. I don’t think I’ve paid more than 700.00 – 900.00 per person for a all inclusive trip that I have booked on there. I love the all Inclusive locations – No need to leave the resort unless you want to. Some of the places I’ve been to have some excellent food and you can drink as much as you want and not cost you a .01. You do need to check the site often to catch the best deals.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Seem to remember we flew southwest a lot. Some of those deals we got where last minute booking maybe a few days to a week or so in advance. Started out we would stay in Ixtapa the 1st few years going. Later it was staying in small fishing villages and out of the way beaches.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I had booked 3 seats using frequent flyer points a couple months ago to Ixtapa Mexico. I still need to purchase 1 additional ticket. They wanted 710.00 when I booked the other tickets. We aren’t going until March 16 – 22. I thought they would go down in price. They haven’t yet. There were only a few seats left on the same flights. I just purchased the ticket for 830.00. I have a non-stop flight down there but have 2 stops on the way back (12 hours). Sun Country was about 100.00 cheaper, but I would need to stay an extra night.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

Seem to remember we flew southwest a lot. Some of those deals we got where last minute booking maybe a few days to a week or so in advance. Started out we would stay in Ixtapa the 1st few years going. Later it was staying in small fishing villages and out of the way beaches.

Not sure many airlines do the last minute flight deals anymore. I think to many people were booking all of their flights that way and the airlines learned they could make more money by not doing business that way.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

All inclusive s to Ixtapa used to run in the $600 to $800 range for a lot of the places including air fair. It was Sun Country not Southwest we would fly.

That 12 hour return flight sounds like heck. Non stop is about 4 and half. Had one where with a un scheduled stop in Dallas to fuel the plane. Still not sure how they forgot to put fuel in the plane. Still that only took a extra 30 minutes.

Lots of dreaming about warmer places today.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

On a similar note, has anyone used Groupon for Mexico? I just started to see a deals offered.

Dinner/lunch is one thing, but I dont know how I feel about groupon’ing a vacation.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

“Special price for you senor”

big_g
    Isle, MN

$600-$800 all-inclusive, is this 5 day trip or 7 ?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

On a similar note, has anyone used Groupon for Mexico? I just started to see a deals offered.

Dinner/lunch is one thing, but I dont know how I feel about groupon’ing a vacation.

If you’re going to go there anyway and Groupon has a better price, then o.k. But I’ve never seen a Groupon vacation deal that was better than you could just get by booking on the company’s website.

Also, I’ve had good luck calling places directly and saying I saw you had a Groupon (or other deal site) deal, but I hate effing around with that. Can I just get that same deal right now by booking with you? Most of the time the answer is “yes”.

Grouse

wisccatguy
    Blair wI

Travelbyjen.com
    travelfleamarket.com
    I have used both for all inclusives. Just check star rating of resorts

HYBES
    SE MN

PKG X 2. Prices have definitely gone up the last few years. I have good luck with Apple Vacations. Going to Playa Del Carmen in a few weeks. For some reason Puerto Vallarta always has cheaper prices.A very good choice and a nice destination. We have good luck with RIU resorts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.