Just in time for Christmas

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The front page of the Rochester paper today shows a local home fully engaged in flames. The cause? Filling 1 pound propane bottles from a 20 pound cylinder. The entire garage and contents….including a 2002 pick-up, the roof and some of the attached attic over the home were destroyed.

And those who continue to do this say its all safe. The homeowner was going ice fishing. Maybe he has to get new gear now. With the DO NOT REFILL warning on the bottles I wonder how well the insurance company is going to be to deal with?

shockers
    Rochester

I just saw that too. Wow. Glad he was ok. But gotta feel for a guy dealing with that. Whew. I for sure won’t be trying refilling.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

But he saved the $2 it cost for a 1lb bottle.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Prayers for him and his family.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Awe Jez…prayers to the family.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Nobody injured I hope. Nothing to mess with!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Nope….nobody injured. The paper said there was a leak and the propane went into a heater. Boom. But…..how do you file a claim for a fire when what you were doing was not legal?…yes the warning on the label makes it unlawful to fill them, attempt to fill them and this incident is simply a reminder of how bad things can be if things head south.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.