I Learned my lesson!

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I finally decided to get an LX-7 an sold my Vexilar fl-22hd. I was trying to save a couple dollars and find the best deal I could find. Thought I found a good deal and put in my order on dec 11 to Sears. They said I would receive it by dec 20th. Good enough the 20th is my last day of work till January 6th so i’ll be using it a bunch over xmas vacation. finally on dec 17th at 7:00 at night I get an email saying they no longer sell the LX-7s and my order is cancelled and it may take up to a week to get my money back. I ended up placing and online order to Thorne Bros tues night and got a call from them wedessday at noon saying they didn’t have the color of a spoon I ordered did I want my order shipped anyway. I told them the main thing is to get LX-7 to me and he said its on its way. Today I get home and it’s on the door step. Lesson learned. Thorne Bros rocks Everything ive got from shows up on my door step the next day.

jld
    Holmen

Sears sells Marcum products or used to? Who knew.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

That my friend is why Sears is in financial trouble. I don’t get much opportunity to shop with TB but the times I have the service is top notch.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I just ordered a refurb laptop thru Sears on Sunday (12/15). It is suppose to be sold and shipped via Ctronics even though I ordered it on Sears website. The bassturds charged my credit card right away even though it won’t be delivered until Jan 6th (3 freaking weeks). Unfortunately, the online reviews of this company aren’t good. I can’t believe Sears would deal with a POS company. I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the laptop makes it by Jan 6th. Sears has been moved to the naughty list. I will not deal with them again.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Don’t forget to post pics of that first fish with your new LX7.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Quote:

That my friend is why Sears is in financial trouble. I don’t get much opportunity to shop with TB but the times I have the service is top notch.

I agree I have ordered a few rod building supplies from them and 4 blanks this year. Every time I call and talk with Lonnie he is great about answering my questions and getting me exactly what it is that is going to fit my needs best. Great company.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Sears sells Marcum products or used to? Who knew.

Walmart has the LX-9. But I think the online store is more like a distributor. We found a kitchen cart at Wayfair and Walmart online had the same model at a lower cost, so we bought it through them. Guess where it shipped from. Yup, Wayfair.

fireline
    Rochester

Sears is out of business here in Rochester come January . They are closing 13 stores .

tr
    Plymouth

The only good thing that I have ever found sears sells is Craftsman Tools and the other power tools. its one and only one of the things I go to sears for. Great warranty on broken tools, free replacement??? how long can y ou stay in business replacing for free??? you do the math.
    BTW Thorne does Rock, Katie is one of the main ones that handles the internet orders and she is fabulous!!!

692fisherman
    champlin mn

i wouldnt buy a tooth pick from sears!!! I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN A SEARSA STORE OR DO ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THEM EITHER!!!!!!!

good to hear t bros got ya covered, they rock!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Sears is out of business here in Rochester come January . They are closing 13 stores .

Ma and I took a look at what they had left on sale yesterday. They must have trucked in a bunch of purse from other stores because where once there was clothing is now a huge area of purses. I swear they take all of the good stuff out and use it to stock other stores and then use these clearance stores a liquidator for all the junk neighboring stores have accumulated.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I can tell you first hand their new snow blowers suck!! They are made of the thinnest metal possible and cheap parts all around. Never again Sears!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I don’t even trust them for batteries anymore but I don’t have a problem with their tools.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I don’t even trust them for batteries anymore but I don’t have a problem with their tools.

If it wasn’t for their tools they would have been toast a long time ago I think. They’re circling the drain and it shows in their service and quality.

jld
    Holmen

I believe I saw the Kardishian tramps selling their clothing line in a commercial for Sears. Enough said.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Sears is terrible when it comes to anything online. They are a distributor as mentioned above and you’ll have one heck of a time dealing with returns and refunds if there is a problem… and there will be a problem.

The last two times I’ve ordered online from Sears, I’ve had a problem. The first was a product that became backordered after I placed the order. It was not coming directly from Sears, so they were only the middle man in the refund conversations. It took about 6 weeks to finally get a refund. The second (and last) time was two weeks ago. My wife ordered some pajamas for our kids. The items were coming directly from Sears so I gave it a shot. Surprisingly, we received the items in a reasonable amount of time. The only problem was that the 2-piece pajama set for my daughter was missing the bottoms.

Bottom line, I’ll never order from Sears again. Chances are I won’t get the opportunity since they might be folding up shop as it is.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Its funny just this morning a buddy of mine from work posted on facebook that three weeks ago the fridge he bought from sears stopped working. He took the day off work today because they told him that at some point today they would be there to fix it. Well they called him about 10 am and said they wouldn’t have anyone now for at least two more weeks.

Place is a joke.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.