Announcing the 5th Annual Website Get Together !

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Announcing the 5th Annual Website Get Together!

Please mark your calendars for Saturday, July 31st. The event will take place at Everts Resort: Everts Resort – Directions and Information

As with all of the past get togethers, there will be a Free fishing contest with 3 categories. Walleye/Bass/Cats. Prizes from our generous sponsors will be awarded to the top weights in each category, with some “Wildcard” drawings from all of the contestants participating.

We will have Free food for everyone. Please plan to bring a cooler with your favorite beverage.

The fishing contest will begin at 7AM and weigh in will be at 3PM. (More details will be posted – Same format as last year.) Following the weigh-in, everyone will eat and prizes will be awarded. Everyone is welcome to hang out and “Shoot the Breeze” for as long as you like. Many times these “In-Depth” conversations have lasted well into the early morning hours!! Plan to stick around and put a face with that name from the site.

This is a Family Friendly event. Please feel free to bring the kids. Hope to see everyone there, even if it for a short visit.

Link to IDA Calendar.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

SWEET! Should be a GREAT time as always!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What are the accomodation options for those who can’t drive home that night or just want to plan on staying? I know cabins are limited. Can we camp? Is there space? Fee?
    Sleep in boat/truck?
    Pass out on lawn?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Send a PM or call Everts. Steve will get you set up! Shouldn’t be a problem.

-Jon.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Did I hear somebody say free beer???

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

OK, now you guys are gonna have to help this feeble old brain sort this out and make some decisions
    lieneman says the ARM outing is Friday, July 30
    Kid was asking for ARM boaters on the 31st.
    Now there is an outing on the 31st?
    HMMM. I must be missing something.

I was planning on coming down without a boat on Thursday to help with any preparations that needed to be done, work on shore on Friday where needed, and come home on Sat. No problem, plans can be changed.

If there is a fishing contest on Sat, I have alternatives to consider. I can bring the POCB (piece o’ crap boat) and use it Fri & Sat, or leave it at home and work the shore on Fri and either fish from shore Sat or look for an open seat. I know nothing about river fishing nor that area and would feel sorry for the little that was in my boat. Or maybe there is a local expert that could spend a few hours showing me the ropes earlier on Thurs? Doesn’t matter, I’m flexible.

This sounds like a 3 nighter so I had better pack the tent rather than sleep in the truck. Which means a call to Everetts for a campsite. Any advice would be welcomed.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

ARM event is Friday, July 30th. (Boaters needed to take kids fishing on FRIDAY)

Get Together is Saturday, July 31st. (Free Tourney 7am to 3pm)

-J.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I know I am Way looking forward to this years GTG,,,I have always met new people each year. After the fishing tourney this year I’ll volunteer to spend some time in front of the grill too…cooking not eating !!

I hope to see several familial faces again and several new ones too…

See you all there !!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

There’s a cookout on Sat night??!! I can bring a grill and a couple of range fed chickens if that would help. I’ve got it down to a science. One chicken takes 3 beers and 2 chickens takes 5 beers. By then, I don’t care if I eat. Let me know.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey everyone.

I will be down there starting on Thursday night trying to help get ready for the ARM event. then I will be staying all weekend. I am sure looking forward to my first gtg. I will even have the future fisherman of my family down there also.

shane

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

I be up around noon.Its a nine hour drive hope to see everyone there.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Covington Indiana !!

We should come up with a “Who has come the farthest” prize !!

BomberA

If Evert’s runs out of room, I have plenty of parking and/or camping room in my yard within walking distance of the resort, or crawling distance if you know what I mean .

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Here are the rules. Let me know if you have any questions!

============================================================

IDA Fish for Fun and Prizes

Overview
    Interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the tournament director. Failure to comply with any rule may result in disqualification. The decision of the tournament director shall be final in all matters. Contestants and members also agree that no litigation against “In-Depth Angling Staff” may take place. All rules have “loopholes”. In the interest of good sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the ‘spirit of the rule’ will prevail in all judgment cases.
    This is a catch and keep tournament. Only one fish may be brought to the scale. You may however posses a legal limit of fish aboard your boat.

PARTICIPANTS & ELIGIBILITY
    Participation is open to the public. Tournament officials reserve the right to deny participation for any reason. Mainly an unsafe boat or no safety equipment aboard, or drunkenness.

AGE LIMITS
    Any person 18 years or under must be a team partner with a parent or legal guardian.

ENTRY FEE
    Zero. The contest is free and open to the public.

CHECK-IN
    No Check in. Fishing begins at 7am. You may launch at any access on pool 3, 4 or 5.

BOAT INSPECTION
    No boat inspection. Please have all required navigational and safety equipment aboard before launching your boat. Including one wearable life jacket for each person aboard and one throwable device.

SAFETY
    Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant should wear a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device at all times when the combustion engine is operating above idle speed.

WEIGH-IN, CHECK-IN
    Teams must check in by the official check-in time at 3 pm to qualify for the free prizes. Boats within line of sight and off plane at the official time are considered on time. You may check in early. You must arrive by water unless prior approval is received from the IDA tournament director.

SPORTSMANSHIP
    All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Drunkenness at any official tournament activity will be considered a violation of the rules.

TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT
    Live bait and artificial lures may be used. Trolling as a method of fishing is permitted. All fish must be caught live and in a conventional manner. Contestants must possess applicable state fishing licenses.

BOAT AND MOTOR
    Each boat must have all state and federal safety equipment. Each boat must have properly aerated or recirculating live well space to maintain a live catch. All outboard motors used during official tournament hours must not exceed the horsepower limitations as indicated on the manufacturer’s rating plate affixed to the boat.

PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS
    All waters of pool 3, 4 and 5. Dam to dam and track to track. Contestants may fish anywhere on the tournament waters accessible by boat except areas designated OFF LIMITS by the tournament director or marked on the water. In case of an emergency/disabled boat, at least one partner may return (by boat) with the catch by the official check-in time. Above all, the safety of the competitors is priority.

OFF LIMITS
    When water is put off limits, all members must abide by the off limits period. Off limits means not on the water. Any fishing, boating, canoeing or any kind of water travel is forbidden on the off limits waters.

WEATHER CONDITIONS
    Tournament officials will only begin tournaments during acceptable and usual weather conditions. It is solely the responsibility of the contestants to be aware of changing weather conditions. If conditions change during tournament hours to unsafe conditions, the contestants are required to seek safe shelter until the weather conditions pass. Remember, you may weigh in early.

BAG LIMITS
    Tournament bag limits will be One fish per team member with a minimum length of 15 inches. State size and bag limits will always take precedence over tournament rules. Species that will be weighed are walleyes, sauger and saugeyes. Scoring will be in pounds/ounces. Culling of fish is not legal. Short fish will not be weighed, but returned to the water immediately. This is a Catch and Keep Tournament. Each angler will weigh one fish.

TIES
    In case of a tie, positions shall be resolved by a coin toss.

LIABILITY
    “In-Depth Angling” Staff, it’s officers and employees, promoters, tournament directors, sponsors and organizations assisting in the tournament operation, their agencies, etc., are not responsible for deaths, injuries, damages, liability, theft, fire, or any loss of any kind to entrants.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Any idea on a head count for Saturday ?

Most likely brats and burgers on the grill and you cant hardly have a fishing get together with out a fish fry

When your out fishing the tourney keep no walleyes bigger than 19″ for the oil, and keep gills, crappies, catfish and we will have one of the best ever fish frys that you’d ever been to !!

So post on in for a good head count !!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Count me in for some fresh fish!!!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Me and a buddy will be there……….pulling cranks on the river!!!!!!!!!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I do believe I’ll be there. Does anyone else like Leinies? I really like those extra large cans of creamy dark?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I will be there for the fun!!!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

How about Nacho’s anyone like those? I may be able to find enough for everyone with or without peppers?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have a feeling if you bring it, they will eat it. I just can’t help on that dark beer.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Is this a bring the wife kind of a get together, or members only?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Wife… cousins, neighbors, friends. Everyone is invited and welcome to attend! The more the merrier.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Everyone is invited and welcome to attend! The more the merrier.

That goes for registered users on non registered users

I really don’t think we can have to many people

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i am packing the wife and the 2 kids so I can show them off a little bit. but she will be left on shore when it is time to go fishing. ha haha.

fishinfool
    mn

Dont worry, I’m sure somebody will look after her while your on the river.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey fishinfool,

that made her bust out laughing. she is asking if i am going to pawn her off on someone while i was out fishing. I am sure that she will be able to find something that won’t get her into toooo much trouble.

shane

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be there. My boat is still broken so if anyone has an empty boat seat for the walleye tourney I’d be grateful to fill it….and in return I can offer a couple good big fish spots. I need help guys, I’m sick of fishing out of the little duck boat.

Gator Huner

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Lenny you can jump in my boat!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.