Post-Turnover fishing help

• das_bass
    Mound, MN

On thing I haven’t done much of is fishing a lake after it has turned over. Since I didn’t get out much this summer, and it looks like I might have a chance the next weekend or two, I was hoping I could get advice on what is the best way to target some fish on Minnetonka. Bass/Northern/Crappie are all potential targets. So, if anyone has a suggestion, or is maybe interested in getting out for a bit, please let me know.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Once the water stabilizes the fish could be anywhere. The depthfinder will be your friend, oxygen is everywhere and temps pretty even. Usually a good place to start is find some green weeds on mid lake structure, or shore structure that really juts out into the main basin, and take a look over the top for sunnies, out on the edges for bass or northerns, and then suspended on the edge in deepwater for crappies, and walleyes on the bottom transitions at the base of the flat. That is generally where I find most species on metro lakes.

Love this time of year for fishing. Driving around Mtka earlier today there were a dozen trailers in Grays bay and a few in North Arm and forgot to look at Maxwell when passing by. 1/2oz fireball tipped with a shiner, thrown on top of the flat then dragged to the basin put a lot of bigger fish in the boat last year. Once you find a clam bed to, MARK IT!, and hit it a few times throughout the trip bc big fish love hanging around those.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.