Cassel in…..Ponder out

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Matt Cassel will start in London against the Steelers. If the Vikings lose again Frazier and staff might not have a job when they get back.

Stay tuned, this is getting real good.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Matt Cooke wasn’t available. He’s getting ready to lead the Wild to the Stanley Cup.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Vikings are not a quarterback away from being great or a head coach away

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

If the Vikings lose, which is likely, I believe Ponder will be starting after the bye because he will be “healthy”. Gonna be a long season for those that really feel the need to watch this squad. Maybe Spielman can trade Ponder and John Carlson to Tampa for their former starting QB Josh Freeman.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

if you didn’t see this coming…….you were just a little bit toooooo optimistic. injured ribs after 3 losses in a row, how convenient. nothing ponder did last year showed me that he was going to be any better this year. the wilf’s true colors are coming to light, its all about how much money they can steal…..I mean make, not about having a winning team.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Harvin made Ponder look good. Winfield is turning out to be a huge loss on the D. But agree, Ponder is not a good choice as a starter. Back up? yes. Come on. The guy still needs the plays written out on his wrist…

-J.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Harvin made Ponder look good. Winfield is turning out to be a huge loss on the D. But agree, Ponder is not a good choice as a starter. Back up? yes. Come on. The guy still needs the plays written out on his wrist…

-J.

Jon you hit on part of the problem I think. Is the game plan so complicated that you need cheat sheets on the field? What, the helmet communications isn’t enough? Football is about hitting people and taking the fight out of them. Seems we want pretty plays with fancy touchdown dances to entertain us on Sundays.

Several years ago Spielman destroyed the Miami Dolphins, they are just recently recovering from his mismanagement there. I’m not laying the blame on him, but I don’t see where he isn’t part of the problem, I know he has done nothing to help fix things.

OK, OK my apologies. I will try and stay out of the Viking threads this year. (But, I am gonna be torching the Gophers )

0-4 will give people something to talk about on Monday.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Hopefully the line blocks better for an older, slower QB.

slipbobnick
    MN

long time vikes fan. they’ve made it pretty hard to even care this season

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

OK, OK my apologies. I will try and stay out of the Viking threads this year.

Yah, me too.

-J.

desperado

Quote:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Vikings are not a quarterback away from being great or a head coach away

no need to worry about being the bearer of bad news there G

to anyone who cares enough to pay attention, and is willing to be honest with themself, that shouldn’t be “news” at all
    good honest “insight” though

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I stand by this.. This year is toast…and with our QB situation, the next 2-3 years are toast. Trade AP and J.Allen NOW! We would get the world for AP and a lot for Allen. Then Ispose we draft another QB.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The defense has been the problem this year so far. I don’t like Ponder, but the reality is, he’s played better than I’ve given him credit for. The D on the other hand, well they stink.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Glad we made the move. Not sure if he is much better but it will bring alittle new life into the game. We all know he cant be any worse. It might be just the kick the team needs to get moving.

Could be just enough to get us away from the #1 draft pick next year.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

The defense has been the problem this year so far. I don’t like Ponder, but the reality is, he’s played better than I’ve given him credit for. The D on the other hand, well they stink.

X2

The disclaimer being that I really only watched the first game. Sounds like the offensive line isn’t helping.

The good news is we got Felton back. No we can’t hand the ball off to AP 50 times a game, but I think Felton is going to have a huge impact.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quote:

I stand by this.. This year is toast…and with our QB situation, the next 2-3 years are toast. Trade AP and J.Allen NOW! We would get the world for AP and a lot for Allen. Then Ispose we draft another QB.

I don’t think we’d get the world for AP, the Vikings are the only team dumb enough to make such a trade for a running back.. aka Hershel Walker.. As for Allen, I bet we wouldn’t even get a #1 pick for him, trades just don’t happen much anymore, plus I am afraid he’s really past his prime.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

You mean they’re already there?

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Is Ponder the only problem? of course not. But a decent QB covers up weaknesses of a team. The Patriots stink right now. But they have Tom and 3 wins. is Ponder the a bad QB? no. But I believe on his best day he is only a game manager. is that what franchises want “at best a game manager”? No they want at worst a game manager and at best a player that can command a huddle and say things like “Ok F’ers, i got this ‘S’. we’re marchin down this field and we’re winning”. and then goes and does it. Ponder has not shown any of that.

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Quote:

long time vikes fan. they’ve made it pretty hard to even care this season

X2

desperado

Quote:

. . . the Vikings are not a quarterback away from being great or a head coach away

of course not, but if you’ve been listening to Les Bagley then you know what the missing piece really is … they’re a NEW STADIUM away from greatness

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I agree 1000%

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Observations-This team is in total disarray from the head coach on down.
    The fake field goal/touchdown by the Browns was inexcusable. The coaches should have seen the 6’4″ T.E. lurking near the sideline and called timeout and put an end to the play before it started.
    Tampa Two-Our D-Backs are constantly out of position and get torched constantly, combo coaching/talent.
    O-line-Same as last year but playing like garbage, I think it will be very interesting to see how they play with a different QB.
    D-line-for years our bread and butter has been our ability to stop the run. No big change in personel here yet teams are running at will.
    Something is going on with this team, lack of confidence in the coaches and quarterback? I don’t know but it’s a mess. I really think it’s time for a coaching change.
    Ponder-His accuracy is terrible, He very seldom hits recievers in stride costing the team many yards and a couple TD’s
    I love watching football every Sunday and I’ll tune in this Sunday. Keep an eye on the offinsive line Sunday…
    My two cents…

desperado

Observations-This team is in total disarray from the OWNERSHIP on down.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Observations-the team is in total disarray from the fan’s garden tomatoes down.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Good point, Groucho’s a little sketchy.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Ponder-His accuracy is terrible, He very seldom hits recievers in stride costing the team many yards and a couple TD’s

x1000. Reminds me of Wade Wilson.

-J.

desperado

Quote:

x1000. Reminds me of Wade Wilson.

-J.

at least we could blame his on the Whiskey Bottle … wonder what Ponder’s excuse is

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

You guys can stay home every Sunday and cheer on these losers I should have the river for fishing and hunting all to myself this fall

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

X2.

With Rainy Lake and Rainy River out my back door and Kab and more Canadian lakes than I can remember within an hour’s drive it’s hard enough to take time to watch them when they’re winning!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.