Hard To Cut the Cord

• moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I hate to rain on a sunny day with this post but I’m having a hard time letting go of my youngest. He is moving back home with his father next week and know that he’ll do well there. He works and goes to school but his extracurricular activities are worrying me, and he’s not hearing me out. He’s excited to move back and I know it’s best for him. I didn’t feel this way when the two oldest moved out.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

He’s a big boy now…right??

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I feel your pain. My oldest is out the door to college in 2 weeks. Can’t help but wonder if she is really ready and I taught her everything she needs to know to make good decisions. Then when I look at all her accomplishments Im reminded that I have done all that a father can do

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

He’s a big boy now…right??

Not really, I still do his laundry

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

I feel your pain. My oldest is out the door to college in 2 weeks. Can’t help but wonder if she is really ready and I taught her everything she needs to know to make good decisions. Then when I look at all her accomplishments Im reminded that I have done all that a father can do

I wish I could be a 100% sure that I did.

blackbay

Long story short. Years ago during deer season it was pretty much dark and I wasn’t back yet and my dad was worried. My grandfather asked what the problem was. My dad said he was just worried and asked how long a parent worries about their kids. My grandfathers reply, to my 40 some year old dad, was you never stop worrying.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

^ Never.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Long story short. Years ago during deer season it was pretty much dark and I wasn’t back yet and my dad was worried. My grandfather asked what the problem was. My dad said he was just worried and asked how long a parent worries about their kids. My grandfathers reply, to my 40 some year old dad, was you never stop worrying.

X3

But the good decissions that they make as young adults sure make you smile.

It’s Happiness and tears for many more years

glenn57
    cold spring mn

if this helps my wife has 2 kids, one 27 the other the other 31 married with a teenage daughter and one on the way, and the ambiblical cord is still well attached with both!!!!

bigpike

My youngest daughter just turned 19, since Christmas she has spent her time roaming the country. First with her car and after 25k now with her feet and thumb. She has been everywhere – East coast, West Coast, Florida, New Orleans, Texas, NM, Nevada…etc.etc. This is a 1 year plan for her but it certainly doesn’t make it easier on myself but it is much harder on my wife though with time it gets a little easier for her. In a way I envy her (Daughter). Do it while your young. But as a father I have to try my best to steer her in a better direction. So take it all with a grain of salt. They all grow up differently. Keep steady pressure on them and hope they see the light before they get hurt or worse. Good luck to you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.