It’s a white thing

• moxie
    Sioux City,IA

A co-worker had a baby and I thought I’ll get her an ornament from the gift shop at work. An ornament because my sister bought my daughter who is now 22 an ornament every year on her bday. So I thought, this will be nice a nice gesture. I showed another co-worker the gift and told her why I got her an ornament in August, and she says her mom did the same for her and also for her kids. Another co-worker said the same, so I said oh it must be a white thing, and she LOL’d, and all this time I thought my sister had the greatest idea.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m not sure about that Mox…I hadn’t heard of this before until I met the FW. I didn’t really attach it to being a white thing, but more of a woman thing.

Just trying to find a reason to go shopping one more time.

PS I thought this thread about about Jeff Huberty…then again it didn’t say little.

eyehuntr14
    SE WI

Alright…I hate to ask and look like the idiot that I actually am but what does “FW” stand for?? First Wife…Favorite Wife???? It’s been buggin’ me ever since I first saw it used on here and it’s used by a lot of you so I need to know…TY!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s short for Favorite Wife…sorry, I try to spell it out most of the time.

superstar
    Breezy Point, MN

Quote:

Or…”Fetching Wife”

eyehuntr14
    SE WI

I figured it had to be “Favorite Wife” but I just had to know for sure…TY BK for clearing that up for me!! Now I can move on with my life lol!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have been getting my godson a NIB Lure for every occasion since he was born, (birthdays, christmas, special occasions) he is 14 now and has a box full of cranks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

See? Woman thing.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Or…”Fetching Wife”

Like, beer and sandwiches?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

And Secret 7.

Exactly!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Quote:

I have been getting my godson a NIB Lure for every occasion since he was born, (birthdays, christmas, special occasions) he is 14 now and has a box full of cranks

I LOVE this idea, now I know what one of my sons birthday presents will be. Granted he’ll be to young to understand the first couple years.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I LOVE this idea, now I know what one of my sons birthday presents will be. Granted he’ll be to young to understand the first couple years.

Definitely no fanfare the first few years (other than keeping his dads hands off the lures) but as he got older, he would open his main present and then start looking for the little lure box I will keep doing it as long as possible, can’t wait to see his new brides face when he gets a Lure for his wedding !!

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Great idea

superstar
    Breezy Point, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Or…”Fetching Wife”

Like, beer and sandwiches?

I like it!!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

It could be a Failing wife, faulty wife, fruitcake wife, frugal wife, fearsome wife, depending on time of the month, or not what I said but the tone of voice I used.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Same thing here!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

And I get an Iowa Hawkeye ornament from the Danbury Mint for Christmas each year.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.