craweler harness

• kevinh1570
    New Richmond, Wi

Has anyone ever made there own craweler harness? I’ve always made my own snells for leeches, I need to make some for crawelers too but not sure with two hooks? Making 8 to 10 foot snells for mile laces. Thanks

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

Realy quite easy once you’ve done a few.

X2
    The first few take longer than the next 20. I tied about 150 of them in a span over the winter. Cheaper than buying them and it’s fun to come up with different combos of beads/blades. Links posted above should be helpful. Have fun.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Nice and I think it would be fun to tie them now.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Check out the Jolly Roger Tackle website if you need components. I like tying my own rigs as well and they have everything you need. Actually the bead kits are on sale right now too. Since you are going to Mille Lacs I would recommend picking up the Firebelly and Nuclear Perch pretied harnesses.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I used to tie and sell harnesses on a web site and ebay. I tied about 80-100 per night. Took longer to put blades and beads on than actually tying the harness.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I tie all my own also. Wrap them around a swimming noodle. Store in a rubbermaid in the boat. 14# Flouro. I usually tie about 8′ leaders.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Any have a good suggestion on a good bead kit with a variety of colors in them?

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Quote:

Any have a good suggestion on a good bead kit with a variety of colors in them?

Give either Jolly Ann tackle a shout, or Cabelas sells some nice kits. Fleet farm also has a nice supply.
    Much easier to get now days than a few years back.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ve skipped the kits and just bought the blades and beads from various internet and local stores. I like #2 hooks for my spinners/lindy’s.

kevinh1570
    New Richmond, Wi

Thanks that should help!

llong

Check out Joe okada’s YouTube video on how he does his. I switched to his method and dont need as many noodles. Just a box to put the bead setup in.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

That’s really handy how he stores his beads.
    I take a knife and make a small slit into the foam noodle for the line to sit in. That way, the only line that is exposed is from the swivel and the hooks. Also keeps the line from popping off the foam.

Anyone have a picture or better video of how he kept those beads?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.