Water Spot Remover

• John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Today I decided to clean the boat. Most of the time when I clean it I end up waxing it to get rid of the water spots. Today I was at Hoots Sports and seen a product from Ducky. I looked at it for awhile and thought, man I hope this is not another one of these products that do not live up to what they claim they can do. Well to make a long story short I bought it and boy does this stuff work awesome. It is called Ducky’s Original Water Spot Remover. It is in a clear bottle and the stuff looks orange colored.

I figured I would post this because of other threads I have seen in the past talking about detailing boats. Im pretty happy with the stuff.

shaley
    Milford IA

I mix white vinigar and water 50/50 in a spray bottle a gallon lasts me a season or 2 for $4… Works great on the boat and on my electronics screens and glasses…

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Vinegar and water 40/60h2o 0r so lightly

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Thanks for the tip! those water spots are a pain in the

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Yep, 60/40, 50/50, 40/60, 50/50, I don’t care how you mix it, straight out of an old school item that has yet to be beat for doing a complete job for the least amount of dollars X’s the least amount of effort.

Vinegar and water.

bronco83
    Central Minnesota

The Ducky Water Spot Remover works great. When the bottle is empty however, I will be using the vinegar and water solution. Thanks for the information.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Less scrubbing if ya use all vinegar–no water. Pretty cheap even if not mixed with water…been doing it for years.

Then spray the boat/engine with furniture polish such as Pledge.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I learned something new

Thanks Guys

I’m just surprised that you don’t have any problems with it on the screens of your graphs. At $3000 a pop I’m kinda leary about just spraying anything on these bad boys

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Can’t wait for the day when water spots become an issue for me. As of now boat and motor have seen more years than myself so I think the spots just add character.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Can’t wait for the day when water spots become an issue for me. As of now boat and motor have seen more years than myself so I think the spots just add character.

I just got my fourth boat (used) over the winter and its the first one worth caring about keeping clean!

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Or you could use lake water. Lake water put the spots on, lake water will take them off. Beats the smell of vinegar.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Do you know if white vinigar/water mix will take of wax or sealant ?

I would like to use some thing that would leave a little protection on after takeing the water spots off..

I have read that “Hot Sauce” by Boat Bling will leave behind some protection while removing hard water spots. I wonder if the Ducky’s leaves anything on for protection ?

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

After using the Ducky product, I can that it does leave a smooth finish after using. I was very impressed with how it made waxing much easier. I have used vinigar/water mix and do find that the Ducky product works better in my opinion. A big plus is the smell is much more tolerable. Give it a try.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

DO you think that the smooth finish that it leaves is relative to the thoroughly cleaned surface that it leaves after it’s use?

This reminds me of using a 100% Simple Green mist on a heavily oxidized surface prepping it for wax. Squeaky clean then a very quick no effort wax job.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I use wonderfoam to clean and restore to polish after cleaning. Absolutely incredible products. They work very fast and are easy. Very little elbow grease required.

Link to Wonderfoam and Restore site

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Yes, to answer your question. In order for the surface to be smooth it must be clean.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I use wonderfoam to clean and restore to polish after cleaning. Absolutely incredible products. They work very fast and are easy. Very little elbow grease required.

Link to Wonderfoam and Restore site

I love this stuff on my Ranger 618VS, no scrubbing required at all

Follow it up with the occasional Restore cleaner treatment, made by the same company after every other outing or so and your boat says extremely clean

I was introduced to this stuff by a good friend of mine, and it makes washing the boat fun, and the maintenence between washings is almost nonexistant

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.