Need Crank Bait Clips?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

This might be a strange question but where do you guys get clips for clipping cranks baits to your line? Gander is hopeless. Thought fleet farm would have some but they only had them 6 in a pack and not very good quality. Dont want to order them from Cabelas because the ones Ive seen on the shelves there are miss marked for sizes in the packages. Dont really want to drive 45 minutes each way to cabelas for clips either but might just have to.

Any other options in town where I can buy quality clips in a bulk pack of at least a couple dozen or more?

thanks

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Mike,
    I always prefer the Berkley Cross Lock snaps, unfortunately they only come a few to a pack. I have never seen good quality ones in bulk, but if you find an outlet please let me know. Sorry, not much help here.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I hear you. You would think the stores would have a big supply of them right in the crank bait isle.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ve actually found cross locks fairly reliably at Ace Hardware. The one off Cahill in Inver Grove Heights. Not too far from the 494 Access Mike.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Duo Loc #2s Mike…They haven’t failed me yet. Every tackle shop usually has them. In a pinch you can remove the swivels from a snap swivel also.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

I was at Cabelas in rogers on Wed. All I could find was a 50 pack of the little one’s that are sized for blade baits.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Thorne Bros

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Mike did you forget about Thorn Brothers 2 miles down the street………..

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thorne brothers had them. Not in bulk. No longer in small packs either unless they restock.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Mike, Check out AGHQ. We have them in 10 packs, in either size 1 or 2!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Mike, if you want bulk, go here. only $41 per 1000 & free shipping.

Duo snap #2

Holy snaps batman!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I don’t bother with clips anymore- I loose crankbaits too fast it’s easier to just tie direct

Lureparts online is where I’ve always ordered mine.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Mike, if you want bulk, go here. only $41 per 1000 & free shipping.

Duo snap #2

Holy snaps batman!

I’d be careful buying snaps like these. Already bought some this way before and the wire was very cheap with very little spring left in the metal. They did not last or work near as long as they should have. Very poor quality!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’d check out the snaps from Angler Guide HQ.com probably the best bang for the buck. Other snaps are cheap and straighten out easily when pulled on with extreme force such as trying to get a lure un-snagged

stuart
    Mn.

Mike ,I just bought a 100 at FF in Lakeville on Wensday.They still had several packs of 20 left.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks Stuart. Thought that Fleet Farm usually had them. The Champlain store was out.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Try googling Janns netcraft

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve been using WWF products for years for both stainless split rings and snaps. Never had a problem with them. I agree to watch out for no-name cheap products, but Wolf Wire Forms makes a heck of a lot of the products (wholesale) for lures that you are using today.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Mike, I found new snaps made by Sebile in a variety of sizes at Marine General in Duluth, MN….They are the egg shape variety and have been working great. Look them up online or call…they get orders out fast.

Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Okay. I need to get some clips again. Freaking packages blew out of the boat this morning on the way down the river. From 50 clips to 0 just like that.

How often does Thorne brothers restock the shelves?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

And people wonder why I keep a back stock of the essentials

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.