Minneapolis, MN

What happened? It was 3.80 yesterday.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

$3.79 in St. Michael, Mn this AM.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

$4.19 all around the south metro. I imagine the same to be true metro wide. Skeevy ba5t4r#5!

jerry b
    western WI

$3.58 here in KC, up a dime since Sunday jerr

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I heard it made it to $4.13 in Isanti.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

$3.89 this morning in cottage grove and now it’s $4.19

oh well something to complain about but still need it and going to use it in the vehicles and boat

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its to distract us from Benghazi, confiscating phone records, IRS selectively targeting certain groups and late ice for the Minnesota 2013 fishing opener.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t even feel happy I filled up the boat and truck two days ago.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. 4.19 in Blaine.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

My car doubling in value when I fill it is becoming more reality than punch line…

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

Liberals happened…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

Liberals happened…

Well done……we all know that it’s ONLY liberals that occupy the government and energy companies.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Weird since a leading story on Google news was that oil price per barrel is going down..

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Had $3.79 in LaCrosse when I filled up at lunch. I’m guessing it won’t take long to make it’s way here. We’re usually a day or less behind.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Weird since a leading story on Google news was that oil price per barrel is going down..

You mean something like this:

Quote:

“North America has set off a supply shock that is sending ripples throughout the world,” said IEA Executive Director Maria van der Hoeven, who launched the report at the Platts Crude Oil Summit in London. “The good news is that this is helping to ease a market that was relatively tight for several years.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

They’re getting their big push for Memorial Weekend started 2 weeks early

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

People are on to that crap. I’ll bet this is the push so they can drop it a little just in time for that weekend. They know better than to thwart people from traveling and spending money on the big weekends.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

People are on to that crap. I’ll bet this is the push so they can drop it a little just in time for that weekend. They know better than to thwart people from traveling and spending money on the big weekends.

Yup, seems kind of counter productive

Drop in gas prices = More spending money = A stronger economy

It’s economics 101

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Unlike Tuesday’s brief heat wave, the high gas prices will remain with us for a while, possibly through the July Fourth holiday. Weinholzer said reduced capacity due to the closures of two large refineries in the Chicago area is the main culprit in driving the prices up.

Strib

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

Its to distract us from Benghazi, confiscating phone records, IRS selectively targeting certain groups and late ice for the Minnesota 2013 fishing opener.

You forgot to mention the use of Drones in US air space…

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Unlike Tuesday’s brief heat wave, the high gas prices will remain with us for a while, possibly through the July Fourth holiday. Weinholzer said reduced capacity due to the closures of two large refineries in the Chicago area is the main culprit in driving the prices up.

Strib

Why would a refinery close down during the busy season? I ask the question assuming it is for maintenance.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

If the powers that be wanted to fix the economy all they would have to do is get gas to be $2.00 a gallon! Any rocket scientist could figure out that when Obama came into office and gas went from $1.98 to where it is now that the economy would tank.

But it still isn’t where he wants it, he wants $5.00 a gallon so people buy new Hybrid cars, if I could afford a $25,000 car I wouldn’t be worrying about gas prices.

Looks like time to sell the big boat and Truck, then stick with the 14 ft. with the small tiller that I can pull with my car.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The only affect the government has on gas prices is taxes. Well, unless they release the reserves.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

If the powers that be wanted to fix the economy all they would have to do is get gas to be $2.00 a gallon! Any rocket scientist could figure out that when Obama came into office and gas went from $1.98 to where it is now that the economy would tank.

But it still isn’t where he wants it, he wants $5.00 a gallon so people buy new Hybrid cars, if I could afford a $25,000 car I wouldn’t be worrying about gas prices.

Looks like time to sell the big boat and Truck, then stick with the 14 ft. with the small tiller that I can pull with my car.

Black helicopter post!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

The price in Hudson just went from 3.84 to 4.19. I was able to fill up my boat at the last station in town that handn’t increased yet. .35 cents in 1 day is insane. If a couple refineries can have this much of an impact on the price of gas, you would think the government might try to encourage building a couple extra refineries to increase our capacity. They have no problem encouraging the building of stadiums, hospital expansions, solar freaking energy. etc. It must be the greedy oil companies.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Any rocket scientist could figure out that when Obama came into office and gas went from $1.98 to where it is now

We went through this in the Bush administration with gas hovering around the $4 mark. Remember Michelle Bachman touting she would get gas down to the $2 mark if elected?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I thought there were already some refineries in the the process of being built around the country

The shutdowns are usually not only for maintenance. They also go into production of different blends of gas, cause the summer and winter blends are different, and the blends that certian states like california require are different than what we use

I’m thinking this whole thing, i.e maintenance, changing blends, the liberal diversion from Bengazi, and the whole dibacle with the IRS is playing in to this

flowboard14

Drove through Long Prairie this afternoon and it was 3.89 at noon and 9.19 3 hours later. OK fine, the sign was wrong on one side, it was actually 4.19 but it seems that it will get there at the rate it is increasing.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I think they price condition us, if they want it at $4 a gallon, sell it at $4.20 for awhile then $4 seems better.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

$4.35 in Golden Valley last night. Holy Moses!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.