Best Place to Eat in Hudson, WI???

• Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

We’ve got a group of 10 headed over there later in May. Looking to get some locals’ perspectives. Thanks!

Joel

Lots of great eats in Hudson.

If you’re looking for a fun bar atmosphere, Dick’s has a pretty fun crowd with some very good food.

If you’re looking for something a little more upscale, Pier 500 has fantastic food and a great patio area overlooking the St. Croix.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

If the group is looking for authentic German food Winzer Stube is very good downtown. Japanese stir fry/Sushi is Shanghi Bistro on top of the hill. Pier 500 already mentioned is good. Italian Mama Marias in North Hudson is very good. Beer/pizza joint Dough Boys next to Pier 500 is pretty good. San Pedros also has really good Caribean food. It all depends on what the group feels like.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Thanks much guys! Appreciate the variety of choices.

Joel

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Lots of great eats in Hudson.

If you’re looking for a fun bar atmosphere, Dick’s has a pretty fun crowd with some very good food.

If you’re looking for something a little more upscale, Pier 500 has fantastic food and a great patio area overlooking the St. Croix.

I would have said the same thing.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

A few more good ones:

Barkers right in the middle of main street. Great burgers and fantastic home-cut fries. Decent beer selection as well.

Bricks Pizza – Neopolotian brick oven pizza. Was just there last Friday. Excellent gormet pizzas, nice wine selection too.

Agree on the other selections as well.

Grouse

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Seasons Tavern in N Hudson. Make sure you have a designated driver if you venture up there especially. Mama m is good. Village inn is good. Try Kozy Korner for pizza. KK has the cheapest beer in town.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…and for something in between the Meat Market and Pier 500, there’s always the Bungalow just across the river.

Heard their Chicken St. Croix is pretty good.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Forgot agave kitchen in downtown Hudson

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

…and for something in between the Meat Market and Pier 500, there’s always the Bungalow just across the river.

Heard their Chicken St. Croix is pretty good.

ooooooh. Reminds me of what I need to order at the GTG!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I believe there are at least 20 eating establishments now in Hudson. I’m sure there are a few that has been missed

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’m personally not a fan of the food at [censored]. Fun bar, good food specials, but there are better places for food quality. Barkers is my favorite. The creole garlic wings and the fries are the only thing I seem to order. Pier 500 has more upscale food (very good) and outside seating right on the river. Agave Kitchen or San Padros are also popular and have good food.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I was recently impressed with [censored] burgers.

Agave has no atmosphere. Even with good food and drink it sucks to be in there. I used to be a huge San Pedro fan but I got burned on it going so many times. I highly recommend it though. My personal problem with Barkers is the burnt grill flavor on their meats. After getting it twice in a row I have never been back and that was a few years ago! Clean your grill!!!

garyeg

Joel,
    Agave Kitchen, hands down.
    Gary Glubka

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Geez – need to get over to H-town more often. Sounds great.

Joel

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Seasons Tavern in N Hudson. Make sure you have a designated driver if you venture up there especially. Mama m is good. Village inn is good. Try Kozy Korner for pizza. KK has the cheapest beer in town.

Seasons Tavern has a great log cabin feel and great food!

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

If you want some of the best Italian food you’ll ever eat try out Mama Maria’s in north Hudson. You will not be disappointed with anything you order.

castle-rock-clown

But are all those as good as McDonald’s, and do they have a play land with slides and a “ball pit”?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

New one in downtown that has now worked out the kinks on service is Postmark Grille, in the old Hudson post office.

My favorites are:

San Pedro
    Pier 500
    Shanghai Bistro

Honorable Mention to Agave and Postmarke.

ET

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Barkers has great burgers. Joel depends what you guys are after as there are many great places to eat in Hudson

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

La Fiesta Loca by Target has great Mexican. Also own by a local family.

buck-slayer

Lets not forget about the China Buffet on the hill near Home Depot. Beer is cheap and the pineapple chicken is to die for.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I would be remiss if I didn’t recommend “SteveO’s BBQ”! Fantastic all you can eat wings! He is truly a master griller and the best part is it is FREE! Located near Burton Park in Hudson! Be sure to call ahead for a reservation!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.