Wild acquire Jason Pominville!

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Not trying to be argumentative, but how are they weak at center? Koivu, Brodziak, Cullen, Konopka, Granlund , Coyle and Phillips, plus others.

Having him signed through next year means he is an asset. The Wild could trade him next year or because they acquired him, trade someone else. Its is a lot less risky, thus the price is higher.

Sucks that Heater is out and could be well into the playoffs. I was completely irate calling for Vlasic to get suspended, but I don’t think he will. I don’t even think he will get a call. I am purely speculating that none of those slashes injured Heatley, it was when he went to the ice either on the cross check or when Vlasic face planted him.

If anyone should be suspended it would be the refs who were absolutely horrible and responsible for letting the game get out of hand. There was a lot of nasty stick work on both sides all game.

I know we pee and moan when refs start handing out coincidental minors for little stuff saying “let them play”, but here is a good example of what happens when they don’t.

That could have gotten real ugly at the end with all the players.

Its pretty funny with all the trades between the teams they are becoming rivals.

Hopefully we have secured a playoff spot by the next game with them and we can take a few liberties…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

not a big fan of giving up the 1st round pick. yes, Pominville has a year left, but it’s just that, one year. also, since they’re giving up Larsson and the Wild are already weak at center.

other than that, cool…I’m excited to see Pominville in a Wild sweater.

Pominville gives you 2 play-off years of service if you let him walk. They will be OK at center. In fact there was talk of moving Coyle to center for some shifts on the second line.

I’m of the opinion Fletcher thinks this group can get deep into the play-offs this year and he is making his run now.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I will share my picture with the Cup with you all too!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you or anyone ever mentions Riseburough again, I am going to have BK put a flaming bag of stink bag on your step and ring the doorbell.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Man, Pominville’s mom is from Green Bay? Add one more Wisconsin connection.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

not a big fan of giving up the 1st round pick. yes, Pominville has a year left, but it’s just that, one year. also, since they’re giving up Larsson and the Wild are already weak at center.

I’m kind of with you, but the problem is that any draft pick is only worth a crapping thing IF they end up developing. Koivu = good pick. Colton Gillies = Meh.

Pominville has proved he can produce in the NHL. I have to say I’m willing to go with this get players that can win NOW direction and see where it goes. The “developing talent to win next year” thing was getting a little tiresome because it seemed like a lot of that talent ended up not playing to potential or working out well for some other team.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Took a nap before the game to catch up on sleep I missed last night, The phone alarm didn’t wake me up. I awoke to a 2 goal deficit. Fudge. I am starting to get that sinking feeling.

Come on Oilers! I think. They have been hot as of late. Could all that talent tbe finally catching up with the Oil?

Boy do I hate these games when they can’t make a pass, the y can’t control the puck, its hopping their blades…

They are tired. They better pull their heads out and stop feeling sorry for themselves before they find themselves battling for the last playoff spot, not first in the NW.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

They are tired. They better pull their heads out and stop feeling sorry for themselves before they find themselves battling for the last playoff spot, not first in the NW.

They may be battling the curse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

We got a tough schedule to finish out. Kings, Oilers, Blues, Hawks and yes, the Blue Jackets with Gaborik.

Lets hope Cullen comes back on Sunday. That would be a huge boost.

Pominville did look pretty good last night. Maybe that will lead to more goals for that first line, but I really liked having Coyle as the workhorse of that line.

Who knows, maybe a tough schedule and battling every night to the end of the year will be good for them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im not to worried, every team goes into a funk…. Lets just hope they get hot at the right time!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Im not to worried, every team goes into a funk…. Lets just hope they get hot at the right time!!!!

you must not be from Minnesota originally.

I am pretty confident that they will be fine too. They most likely have another run in them. It does seem eerily similar to last year, although last year we started out hot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Born & raised my friend!! I just enjoy sports for what they are, I Ain’t jumping off a bridge when the vikes go belly up again and again, nor am I ready to fire every coach that has a losing season… After all, sports is just another business and that the way I treat it. Its just much more fun than cheering for target or cargill.

PB2

I hope you are joking about Heater. I don’t see him playing with us next year. A trade is doubtful so I’m hoping for a buy out if it doesn’t hurt the cap too much. Let’s face it he can barely move at this point in his career and he’s 1 dimensional at best. Heck I’d take anybody but Stoner over heater who as obviously seen his better days.

Great trade!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Bruno was slow and nobody wanted to get rid of him. I don’t understand how people get critical of Heater, but people never were critical of Bruno. And I am not just talking you guys, I hear it everywhere.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

After peaking at what happened to the Penguins, Blackhawks and Ducks after their streaks, I am not as concerned. They just need to turn it around on Sunday. Its a tough year for the players with this schedule.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.