Garage Gem…but it’s an Uplander

• cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I have an opportunity at an ’05 Chevy Uplander LT. 39K miles. Absolutely loaded with extras. I’ve heard some not so good reviews of this vehicle. Has anyone here had any experience with this rig?

BBKK
    IA

Its a minivan that tries to look like a SUV… what good could come with that?

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Its just a reworked Chevy Venture. Not any good for towing of any kind. Soccer mom van and shuttling kids around, meh, it will do that ok. Look for corrosion on the hood as I think it is aluminum and all of them do it. Also check the inside lower portions of the doors. Very prone to rusting, and also the rear lower quarters in front of the rear tires.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

With only 39K miles on it, you probably won’t see the issues that have been talked about above.

If you like it and the price is right, enjoy it for a couple 2-3 years then dump it before stuff starts going wrong with it

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

The gentleman that owns it had it double undercoated. It hasn’t seen outside of the garage much since ’07. He does charge the battery monthly and run it around the block once in awhile. He’s changed the oil every three months.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I have a crew cab that will do the heavy towing. This is more for family, kids, groceries, etc. Outgrowing the car, don’t always need the truck for longer trips.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

If it is a solid vehicle now, like OP said run it and if your don’t want to keep it dump it for what you paid or more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.