Is Tubby’s time up??

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Getting absolutely pasted in Iowa today. Any reason to keep this guy around? His record in Minnesota is terrible at best.

Time to say goodbye Tubby.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

??? I tuned in at the start and we were up 20 something to 8? Nice job Tubby.

tbrooks11

As much as i would love to say can him, we cant. The biggest/best recruiting class that has ever come out of minnesota will be declaring in the upcoming months. Tubby has been recruiting this kids for years, and nothing is worse in the recruiting process than getting rid of your coach who developed relationships with these kids and their families. Tyus, Vaughn, and Travis all have said they have great relationships with tubby, can not get rid of him until after they declare.. and this if/when we find out they all chose other schools.

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

His record in the Big Ten says volumes…44-59 I believe.

Maybe the Gophs will do fine in the post season.

Then I hope one of the many schools “that is interested” in Tubby will make hin an offer that he will accept.

Jay Hulser
    S.E. Iowa

Hawkeye fan here, so don’t give up on Tuby. Iowa is an up and coming program in Big Ten B.B. Minny just got ambushed. Big Ten is tough this year and should be a great March Madness. I just hope the Big Ten does good in the Big Dance! Go Big Ten!!! Look at what Wisky did to Ohio!

FryDog62

I’ve been a supporter of Tubby’s through the ups and downs in Minnesota…but today my support caved. Just like the team did. They have repeated this pattern many times, get a lead against a team they are better athletes than, then fold and get beat.

How? Yes, its partly the players, but to happen time and time again, there’s something else wrong…and I’m afraid its the coaching. I like his integrity and what he says on camera, but I now wonder if there is something chronically dysfunctional in his coaching style that his players regress over time.

Unless Flip Saunders wants to coach the Gophers, there really isn’t any good coach that can be recruited to take this job. The Barn doesn’t show well during recruiting visits, there is no big time practice facility to help recruit blue chip players (Tubby is right on that, even Nebraska has a great facility) and the Gopher program just plain lacks a winning tradition to attract the best players.

I’m sad to say its time for Tubby to go, but even sadder that his replacement will most likely not fare any better, and may possibly do worse…

tbrooks11

Shaka Smart could very well be an option. He has built VCU’s program.. i mean [censored], he has had more wins in the NCAA tourney with virgina commonwealth in the past 2 years than tubby has had in his tenure with the gophers. (Not saying too much, but still impressive) For those of you that dont know the connection, minnesotas new A.D., Norwood Teague, was the previous A.D. at VCU. They had a great relationship, i see no reason why Shaka wouldnt want to come to U of M. Still cant do it until after the 2014 season.

bclii
    MN/AZ

Its been up for a while, he cant win!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

I like Tubby! Go Hawks!

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Boy beating a 2-3 zone sure is tough business. Our local high school squad feasts on them when run against them and a Big Ten coach can’t figure out how to beat it?

His time is up. His teams have continually started the year hot only to collapse in the second half of the Big Ten season. Every other team in the conference is getting better as the year goes on, we ALWAYS get worse. That is all coaching. Can his arse.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

didnt they just resign him to a contract extension?????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.