Ford F-150 Ecoboost

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I wasn’t going to add this in to turn into into a debate, but since someone above already broached the Ram subject, I’ll add my 2 cents in. For the record, I may or may not work at a Ram dealership (points for honesty, right??).

I have a 2014 crew cab 6’4 bed Laramie 1500 with the EcoDiesel engine. 3.0 V6. I’ve owned it for about a week and a half now, and after finally getting down to a 1/4 tank, I filled it up and did the math. 25.4 mpg, that’s about 75/25% freeway (65-70mph)/city driving. No road trips yet, but I did run it up and down 35E for a couple hours, and got 28.5 mpg. I can’t wait to throw my boat behind it, everything I’ve read says as long as you aren’t hauling a 6,000lb plus travel trailer, you should expect 18-20 mpg while towing, probably a bit more than that since I only have a 17′ aluminum Lund. So far I’m super happy with the engine, and since our dealership offers lifetime warranties, I’m not too worried about the associated issues that the diesel engines have from time to time.

Also I have about half a dozen coworkers who drive the latest Hemis, and those guys are all getting 18-22 mpg freeway, two of them run with boats behind them pretty regularly, and they get 16-20 mpg with those. And I know that’s all hearsay, but you guys will just have to take my word that I saw the EVIC numbers, and the hand-math that they did. So, just an option!

That’s awesome, I’m looking forward to getting one of those in a couple years. I currently have a 2011 5.7 Hemi and have been pretty please getting 17 city 20 hwy, and 15-16 towing my 17′ lund. I’ve never gotten less than 14 while towing my buddies 20′ ranger with a cover on or a loaded down 24′ enclosed trailer while moving. The technology and MPG progression on trucks (any brand really) the last 10 years or so is impressive!

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.